586,988 active members*
3,732 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Mentors & Apprentice Locator > Anyone bitten by the cnc bug in Ohio? Local chapter starting!
Page 1 of 7 123

Hybrid View

Anyone bitten by the cnc bug in Ohio? Local chapter starting!

Looking for people or persons in Ohio to link up with and possably start a local chapter or group of sorts. Any one with nothing more than just an intrest in cnc or machine automation should respond. Looking for metal workers, wood workers, foamies, everyone. Based on the responce we will put together a meeting for everyone to get to know oneanother and share ideas, techniques, fields of intrest, capabilitys and the like. If you would like to get to know who is out there with the same intrest as you please post with your first name and the county in which you live. Hope to hear from everyone in the area.
    Aaron, Highland County :wave:

Long drive for me, I am in portage county, NE ohio. Jim.

dayton, ohio here

And he drives a big Chevy! Man It dont get any better. You are rather close to my cousin in Troy he is also into CNC and will be part of the chapter. Lets keep them coming guys and at least one girl that I know of. I know you are out there.
    Aaron

Hey Jim, One of my favorite places to shop is up there by you. Mabey we could put together a field trip and go shopping up there. What ever you do dont say there name out loud every one will be there.
    Aaron

Part shopping in Dayton

Quote Originally Posted by ballscrewed
    Hey Jim, One of my favorite places to shop is up there by you. Mabey we could put together a field trip and go shopping up there. What ever you do dont say there name out loud every one will be there.
    Aaron
    I use to go shopping up there for Electronics.. bet we have the same place in mind.. you referring to the BIG 'M' ??

MAN was that an awesome place. I really miss living close enough to run up there anymore !!

Eddie

BTW.. sorry i no longer live close enough to join your chapter.. I am in South-Central Tennessee these days !

I'm Here

In Jamestown, near Dayton.

that place is gone. just kidding. not sure if I know the one you are thinking of. Can't know without speaking, huh?

surely there are more cnc'ers in ohio, possibly a few in NE ohio?

I am working on a small aluminum frame router currently. And am collecting parts for a 5x5 router. What is everyone else doing?

Jim.

I'm in Findlay. 30 min. south of Toledo.

Hi,

I am in Toledo

Ernie

See how well this is working allready. Its only been 2 days and there are 7 of us so far. I bet you never thought that there were so many people so close to you that had the same weird idea to build a machine add abunch of electronics to it and plug into the wall just to see what it can do. And to top it off you jump around shaking your fist in the air in triump about what it was that you just built hopeing no body has seen or heard your little victory dance. You are not alone.
    Aaron

Not from Ohio but from only 2 miles from it. I live in WV. Steubenville OH is only a short drive across the river.

South of Dayton

I'm a mechanical engineer and software developer about 30 minutes south of Dayton. Looking to get into CNC, I have built a Hobby CNC board and have purchased a 3D scientific instrument (about 10 inches in X 3 in Y and 2 inches of travel in the Z axis). I have not hooked anything up yet and i do not have the software installed yet.
    Just starting...
    -Phil

eager amateur

I'm a student living in Columbus with intention of entering OSU's engineering program soon. I need to learn cnc as one of many techniques for implementing my grand diabolical scheme..Ok, it may not be so grand or diabolical, but it is mine. Best case scenario, you guys are together every weekend and all I need is the location and secret handshake and I'm in. Here's hoping! Seriously, I need some immersion here as I barely know where to start. I have no problem passing tools and holding things to get some experience.

just bumping this thread... any others in ohio?

Between Bellbrook and Xenia, OH just outside of Dayton. Working on a 42 X 18 X 7 CNC router that should be up and running this weekend.

Steve

Wow, didn't know so many were around this area. My cnc machine is a couple of years old, still planning some improvements.

Found this thread because I saw cwdance1 on the frappr map.
    http://www.frappr.com/cnczone

LowCostRC, we may be neighbors. I live in Sugercreek Township. (forgot to add - Greene county , Xenia mail address)
    Bill

Just found this thread. Guernsey county. An hour and a half east of columbus.two hours south of cleveland.

Just an old Ham with CNC interest

Hi Aaron,
    I'm in Adams Co. just south of you. Hope something comes of this. I'm just starting to acquire some hardware for my 1st router project. The milling of circuit boards got me interested. Probably be on here a lot when I get started building it.
    Later,
    c--line

Talking NE Ohio

Hey there people.

I am in Mentor, Ohio about 25 miles east of Cleveland. Would sure like to hook up with CNCers.

Tim

Page 1 of 7 123