586,406 active members*
2,915 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PBC Linear Rails?

So I decided to start buying parts for my plasma bot system. Got all my parts in under a week except for the rails... I'm currently on my 5th week with these and Ive been told its going to be at least until the end of the month until I can get the IVTAAG gantry rail.

So how long have you guys waited for these? It seems like aluminum extrusions wouldn't be that big of a deal but I guess that's why the gantry kit for the plasmabot has been redesigned.

Mine took about 8 weeks, with them promising "end of the week" for the last 3 or 4.

Now that it's all together, I'm mostly happy with them. The IVTAAG is more flexible than I expected or wanted, so it lets the torch wiggle on hard direction changes. (which shows up as wiggly cuts) I'm hoping to add some material to stiffen it up, when I get some time.
    Carl

Mine took about 3-4 weeks to be delivered.

I also notice the flex and wobble, I think Winegear put some 1/4" aluminum on the top to help that.

I really only notice it on cuts over 150IPM.

I was just about to start a thread on these rails, as thats what i was going to use. What are you guys paying for your IVT rails if you dont mind? If you had to do it over would you use bolt on V rails?

Hi joebass! you haven't gotten that table together yet?

Hey Jimmy!
    Only think I am lacking is the rails, and water table isnt built yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBchevy396_ View Post
    Hi joebass! you haven't gotten that table together yet?

I am also only lacking the rails and the bolts to attach the rails. I ordered mine from a local company a few miles away from my place. Here is what I was quoted for the rails:

IVTAAG x1, 64.5" - $149.91
    IVTAAS x2, 62.5" - $104.53 each
    IVTAAN x1, 23" - $24.47

I'm not sure what bolt on v rails are but if I had to do this again I would definitely buy my rails first before I dropped the cash on all the other parts just in case they never show up... I like the concept behind the plasambot; ie links to the materials and you buy it all. I think it saves a lot of time and headaches vs figuring it all out myself.

Well...I think its been close to two months now. Apparently they told my distributor that they were shipped last friday and should arrive this tuesday or wednesday. Turns out they never shipped them and they "should be going out today". I really wonder what the deal is...

Thats a bummer!

I had them ship them using my UPS account so I knew the instant they shipped them. Did you order it as an individual or as a business? I ordered mine under a business name maybe they do those faster?

Thank you for this thread.

I was at the point of ordering from PBC, I'll modify the design and find a more reliable source.

Finally got them today!

All I can say is that if you plan to build one of these plan for a two month wait.

i have sent them twol emails now trying to get some pricing on these rails and haven't had any response... has anyone else had similar experience? Obviously when i get closer to needing the rails i will call and sure it would be easier to get in touch.

has anyone gotten pricing on longer length pieces like 8'-9'? curious what costs would be.

Chris

You can't buy directly from them, you have to go through one of their distributors. Motion Industries is one, I bought mine through Kaman Bearing here in Salt Lake.

They may have changed in the last year, but when I bought the pricing was around $.09 per millimeter.
    Carl

I set up an account with them, here is what I was charged.
    Ivtaan 22" 16.76
    Ivtaag 6' 129.96
    Ivtaas 11' 151.06