586,036 active members*
3,620 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > ATC ERROR-MAG IN POSITION SWITCH NOT SEEN

ATC ERROR-MAG IN POSITION SWITCH NOT SEEN

My hurco bmc2416 is picking the wrong tools during a tool change and is putting them in a different pocket then listed on the atc map. I checked the prox switch it seems to be working fine. I saw this problem in a post before but i can not find it. Ocasionaly it will throw and ATC- Error Mag in position switch not seen.

It may be that your toolchanger count is set wrongly. This will have the effect that you describe. It will be easy to tell if it is by calibrating the toolchanger magazine and then physically rotating it to station 24 and seeing what number it produces on the display. If it was set to, say, 30, Then to put a tool in pocket 24, it will actually put it in 18. If it completes a rotation, it will not see the reference switch where it expects it and it will fault with the other error.
    To cure:
    Go to auxiliary, press enter, 100, enter and select the integrator parameters.
    Enter the integer parameters and check that number N95:57 is set to 24.
    Exit, save and re-boot.

Ok, I crawled up to the top of the machine. Took the cover off, and took an air hose to the proxy switch. It seems to be working fine now. This is the same switch that has given me trouble before. Do you know how I could get the part number for that switch, so I can order a back up? I will check the parameters today.

Usually, a 12mm, PNP normally open switch, 50mm long will see you right. I don't know suppliers over there but if you ask for the above, you'll be ok.