586,105 active members*
3,281 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Help with Magazine Name Issue Build a CNC

Help with Magazine Name Issue Build a CNC

I was told by a friend that recently there was a magazine published with an article on How to Build a CNC. It was a complete article with parts sources. Unfortunately, he browsed the magazine at a rack while traveling and forgot the name of the magazine. Is there anyone who has come across or know of the magazine and issue?

SERVO Magazine published a 3 part series on building a CNC router earlier this year.
    Nathan

model engineer workshop (uk) did an article on cheap cnc's last issue
    mike

Nathan and Mike:
    thanks for the reply. I will search out these issues. one more note: the magazine was a USA publication and the one issue had one complete article on making a cnc.
    darren

I think I may have seen the web site for the article that you are looking for, but unfortunately I cant find the link and I cant find it in my history. I have spent some time looking because I had meant to bookmark it.

I’ll say what I can remember in case it jogs someone else’s memory: it was for a us woodworking magazine I think, they had made a really nice router with a treadmill motor for the spindle and he had an analog amp gauge to measure the load which he later changed for a digital one which he designed which looked like a bar graph of LED‘s.

jm

hello JM:
    Do you remember about what time period the issue was published? What style was the magazine published as? ie: furniture making, fine woodworking, diy homeshop etc.
    thanks

darren