I have a series 2 Bridgeport that I bought a few years ago. I had a problem with one of the steppers getting hot and building up moisture inside, so I put my learning cnc on hold. Yesterday I ran the controller, to make sure it still worked and it was fine, so I repaired the motor and fired it up again to start learning how to use it (I really need it now) and the hard drive must have been damaged when I shut it down. Something hapened to ms-dos and the artisan cnc. I was able to get around the ms-dos with a boot disk, but I cant get the cnc program to load, its there, but damaged. The "copy" of the cnc program I recieved when I purchased the machine is also no good. I am on a shoe string budget. What can or should I do now?
I also have a SHIZUOKA mill about the same size with servos and a Bandit 4 controller.
I think the ab 800 lost its memory from the batteries going dead? It powers on but wont function (minimal relay life and no display pretty much just power lights all over the computer cabinet). I need one of these machines running for a small production job. and a much needed small win.
Thanks