586,065 active members*
4,842 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Dead NC battery (GB250H-3F) in Mitsubishi Wire EDM

Dead NC battery (GB250H-3F) in Mitsubishi Wire EDM

We have a DWC90HA Mitsubishi Wire EDM that had a servo drive problem (see ' http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mazak_...ml#post1008392 ' for details and resolution). We got the drive back from Mitsubishi and I installed it, threw the breaker and pressed the ON button. Everything was powered on but nothing came up on the screen. I called the Mitsubishi tech that repaired the drive and he said it sounded like the controller memory was corrupted and asked how long was the machine down and was the NC battery at 3.6V? It had been down/off for a month and the battery was 1.5V. I asked what to do and he said call MC Machinery. They want $900 to register you before they will even talk to you much less send out a repair tech. Does anyone have access to the DWC9HA parameters and/or know how to restore them to memory after the battery is replaced? I would assume the parameters would be restored via the RS232 port but I am at a dead end with a dead screen.

NOT SURE ABOUT YOUR MACHINE, BUT WE HAVE TWO FA MITSUBISHI WIRE EDM. WHEN WE BOUGHT OUR WE HAD A WHOLE BUNCH OF 3 1/2 FLOPPY WITH OUR. I AM PRETTY SURE THAT FACTORY SETTING PARAMETERS IS IN THAT GROUP.