586,106 active members*
3,165 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Orange County, CA. Mentor wanted

I'm looking for patient persons to let me learn what school can't teach me. I'm attending the Fullerton College Machine Technology program and am running through the projects at a rate of one assignment a week. That wouldn't be all that bad if they had more for me to do. The remainder of the class is still on the first lathe project and I need more to do.

If anyone in the OC wants someone to sweep chips while handing down their vast knowledge of machining let me know.

Jeffrey Park

I went to fullerton college I'm at CSULB right now.

Unfortunately I'm in the computer engineering program rather than mechanical engineering, but oh well. M.E. is still a fun hobby.

We should get an industrial hobbies club going here in fullerton

Turbo1zz have you stoped by some of the local shops in your area and see what kind of deal you can cut with them.
    There are alwas shops out there that will take on people starving to learn.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

A good place to check would be Santos Precision in Santa Ana. I know they are busy so they might welcome some help!

I am at American suspension in Huntington beach CA (a bit of a drive from fullerton) but we are currently looking for help. If your smart and want to learn come on down and talk to me.

edit: didn't realy see the date the post started but still we are looking.
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Michael, Sent you a PM

not to hijack this thread but i am also looking for a mentor or just someone to ask a few questions every once in a while in the area as well. I have a small 3 axis cnc machine i purchased and have been learning through trial and error but am having major problems trying to make a waterblock similar to this

heck if it is just questions you want to ask then start a thread for your problem.

This is the place to ask, there is so much talent and knowledge on this sight we could probably build a colony on mars
    thanks
    Michael T.

Miljnor... I will test the knowledge of the zone. I have a drawing I want to put in mastercam9.1 and generate a tool path what do i have to do to then cut the part or take the drawing and make it 3D and cut it. I know this asking a lot and Thank you for any help. Is this possible with out having any other programs other than 9.1 mastercam? I've only been in cnc 1.5 years and have a small machine and don't want to crash and brake my toy before I can really make parts or learn to draw and cut parts. Need help 9lrac9
    ps I have learned a lot just from the the CNCZone. I'm in ontario Ca.

Quote Originally Posted by 9lrac9 View Post
    Miljnor... I will test the knowledge of the zone. I have a drawing I want to put in mastercam9.1 and generate a tool path what do i have to do to then cut the part or take the drawing and make it 3D and cut it. I know this asking a lot and Thank you for any help. Is this possible with out having any other programs other than 9.1 mastercam? I've only been in cnc 1.5 years and have a small machine and don't want to crash and brake my toy before I can really make parts or learn to draw and cut parts. Need help 9lrac9
    ps I have learned a lot just from the the CNCZone. I'm in ontario Ca.
    You want to test or you want me to Program your part so you do not crash your machine?
    Post your file and I will give you some help but not do the job for you.

How does this sound.PS I give test"s if you would like one.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

cadcam... It's not a test I want to know if it can be done using 9.1 with out using any additional ie adobe ill/ or corel draw 8 just draw a circle 1" dia and then raise the center as if to make a wave 3D and generate 3Dtool path.

9lrac9

A wave 3D I am not sure what you are asking have any thing for example a picture persay. then I can do it in MC 9.1 if you want.
    Cadcam

Master cam can do pretty much anything that any of the cad systems can do.

You should be able to find some people too help you, as I am not well versed in master cam. (I am a virtual gibbs guy.)

good luck
    thanks
    Michael T.

Quote Originally Posted by miljnor View Post
    Master cam can do pretty much anything that any of the cad systems can do.

You should be able to find some people too help you, as I am not well versed in master cam. (I am a virtual gibbs guy.)

good luck
    I kinda feel the that way to..:cheers:
    I will be getting him what wants as soon as I get these fixtures done that I am designing.
    Cadcam