586,058 active members*
4,232 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > HuanYang VFD 2200 Watt Beginner Setup

HuanYang VFD 2200 Watt Beginner Setup

I have a new no name China VFD from Ebay. It looks to be made by HuanYang but it has no name on the drive itself. I downloaded the manual and it is almost exactly the same as the others posted here.

It is a 2.2KW drive running a 2 HP 60Hz induction motor to be installed on my IH mill someday.

This is my first VFD so I'm willing to take my time to get things running but my first try is just not getting me anywhere.

I have it wired up to the three phase input and it looks like you can't mis wire the motor, only have it rotate the wrong direction.

I have read the first part of the manual a few times and tried to set the low and high frequencies but I'm getting a flashing P00000 error. after I try to make a frequency setting.

The drive does not have a e-stop and it looks like the default frequency is 400Hz so I'm a bit worried that I might not be able to stop my motor if I select the wrong setting and hit run.

The manual has a intro guide that has a list of functions and key strokes for the input panel but they use some symbols that do not appear on the panel itself.

I just need to learn the approach to enter into the programs functions and make the setting changes and save and exit.

The first picture is the "Description of Operation Examples" Which shows a left facing arrow which does not show on the keypad.

I want to set the lower frequency to 20Hz and the high frequency to 130Hz.

Any takers today?

Thanks
    Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SANY0153.JPG   1SANY0147.jpg  

I did some more testing with the VFD tonight and I have found out how to get around the input panel and change all the program settings. I re set the drive with a P013 command and then set the min and max frequency.

It then would try to start but would fault and give a E-O-C-A or over current error. I could not get past this by slowing the ramp up time (PD014) so I changed the motor to 440V to lower the current draw.

It then would run and this allowed me to change some settings to see how they worked.

After a bit more looking around in the manual I found a setting for low frequency voltage setting called "Min Voltage" PD010. This allowed me to set the voltage applied at start-up. I don't know why but it was set to 100V. I lowered it to 50 and it worked fine.

It looks like I will need to do some longer term testing to see how much current I can run at low speeds so I can set the voltage level.

huanyang vfd 2.2kw +pot

Hi i´m from portugal,
    can anybody help me on connecting a pot to my vfd 2.2inverter?
    i´ve tried evrything but i dont know how and wich parameters to set .
    thanks