I have an interesting opportunity to purchase a Freedom Patriot CNC router. It's interesting because the guy selling it wants to keep the Fagor control and just sell the table and spindle. Basically I would be purchasing everything but the control. It's only a year old and has never been abused. I was in the planning stages of buying a Precision PLasma router/plasma gantry and CandCNC stepper kit. Purchasing this would save me a bunch of time and get me a much nicer machine in the end for potentially a lot less money. My problem is that I was depending on CandCNC's motor/wiring kit going together without much trouble on my end as I'm mechanically inclined but not too experienced with the electronics side.

So is there a way for me to drive this Servo gantry and Z with a windows based software? It looks like the Z servo is a Glentek GMBM801000-39 1000watt. I'll check the other x and y motors today and see what they are. A picture from thier site shows the X and Y having Fagor motors and Amplifiers. What are the amplifiers for?