586,393 active members*
2,665 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Skin, can it be done?

Skin, can it be done?

I know I am not the most proficent Bobcad user and for sure don't compare to most of you that post here, but I have a skin I have been trying to do for 6-8 hrs, { time frame allows for frustration periods} . I have tried it every way I know how and I cannot get it to work. Someone want to try it?? BTW it is v17.

turmite

and no I don't have the several $$$$ it would take to get another system.
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

Turmite,

I still have 17 loaded on an old machine, haven't used it for about a year. If you will attach your file, I'll give it a shot. No promises, as I'm rusty.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I did a little skinning myself yesterday trying to create a custom toolpath to save time. It was the first time I was able to skin in ver 18. I did it in ver. 17 also with identical results. As WMS said post your file and we'll give it a shot.

Ken

Hey guys thanks for the replys. I have tried twice to post the file and I can't get it to work. How do I do it? I tried the browse link at the bottom and that didn't work but maybe that is not the correct way.

turmite

Valid file extensions: gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg

Is your file one of these?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ok Jennifer I got it to jpeg so lets see if this works. { well the answer is no} I will try again after lunch. Thanks for all the help.

BTW I have a daughter named Jenifer so I am real accustomed to calling that name.

turmite

try ziping it.

It seems everyone around me shortens my name down to "Jen" eventually...now when I hear "Jennifer" I figure it's one of my parents and I'm in trouble :nono: ...throw the middle name in there and I'm in for it!

Okay
    this is what I got so far. Change radii on far right to layer path, change all other entities to layer section. Goto 3d, surface, skin, uselect path is linear, select layer path, pick bottom right corner and chain to end of radii, right click, right click again and select layer section, select from bottom right corner and select chain to the left point, right click, right click again and choose tool and zigzag, inward surface, ok, and wah-lah. At least it's a start.

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails skin.jpg  

Happy day for me. Thank you to everyone, but a really big thank you to Mortek. I have done these many times before and the only problems I encountered was " does not make a complete path" or something like that. Zoom in close enough and sure enough the ends didn't touch but place a couple of points at the end do a verify and the points were always 0,0,0.

Again thanks to everyone. I might post a pic of the part when I get it carved.

turmite

Hi Mike,
    You know that you can email me stuff like that and I will hepl you. Don't waste time and get agravated....How are things going with you? I will want to see that stock when it gets don. Might schedule a training seminar near you in the begining of the year if ther is enough interest.
    don't be a stranger.
    Sorin
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin

Hey sorin, I know I could have and I thank you. I knew you had also been running like crazy with the training seminars. I don't want to bother nayone too much and I promised mortek I wouldn't pester him too much. On the other hand I didn't promise that to wms or Jennifer. BTW Jennifer my Jenifer had a wreck Sat afternoon so be careful! Thank God no one was hurt seriously in either vehicle.

Sorin any news on v19??

turmite