586,035 active members*
3,814 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > OpenSource CNC Design Center > OpenSource Software > Free open source CAD program - FreeCAD

Free open source CAD program - FreeCAD

Hi all,

Just wanted to send a bump about this forum post i noticed that was posted a while ago:
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/openso...4-freecad.html

FreeCAD is an Open Source project (e.g. it is completely free to use and its source-code is available for you to work on/modify/contribute to as you wish.)
    I try to help FreeCAD wherever possible (mainly making tutorial videos and editing their wiki documentation manual.)
    Anyways, I wanted to let you all know that since the above post was made, FreeCAD has undergone quite a few changes, and the developers are gearing-up right now for the official 0.12 release, packed with new features!
    Head over to the website to check it out: SourceForge.net: free-cad (if you want the very latest version, there are daily builds available from the download area.) The forum is extremely friendly also so if you need to ask any questions there please feel free!

Please also have a look at my FreeCAD tutorial videos 5needinput's Channel - YouTube I'm going to be making a whole series themed around designing a mountain bike. The idea is that a user is introduced to all the program's features, whilst completing a meaningful project at the same time! Please don't forget to subscribe to my channel for new video updates also!

Best Regards

:cheers:

Now linux is more widely used than windows, and this software has had time to mature, I see a bright future for it.
    Wisdom results from foolishness!