586,062 active members*
4,405 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Threaded View

driver issues (4516 and 4028 based)

hi, guys. i started a desktop milling machine project some time ago. my first concern was the stepper driver. since i'm on a tight budget, i was looking and discovering my options in that area. i stumbled upon a simple and cheap design (tom mcwire) and decided to give it a go. being an electronic technician (high school), the task shouldn't have been too difficult, right? not quite. i had some problems, since i didn't work with circuits for a few years. anyways, issues were solved, and circuits were made.
    now, i am thinking about the l297 driver. is it possible to use this driver with different BoBs? i purchased one from ebay, and i am looking at the pminmo schematic, but, idiot as i am, i see 4 input connectors, and my BoB only has 3 outputs , and a gnd conn. also, can someone post a simplified version of a pminmo schematic? there are some stuff on it that i simply don't quite get. any help would be much appreciated!:cheers:

p.s. i am sorry for the thread title, but i wanted to ask about a different problem i encountered, which i solved in the meantime. problem was the step skipping with the mcwire driver and the kcam. problem was solved by switching off some options in Kcam, and setting the application priority to high.
    http://www.kellyware.com/kwforum/dis...tml?1300245522
    Attached Files Attached Files