586,318 active members*
3,746 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Program Check mode of VF-0E?

Program Check mode of VF-0E?

Friend has a Haas VF-0E, wants to run a quick "program check" and get a cycle time. He's seen it done on his machine, claims it shows the program on the left & graphics on the right. Runs thru quick, a couple key presses & cycle time is displayed. The guy that showed him didn't teach him how to do it. I've looked thru the manual and couldn't find anything. I tried graphics simulation but it runs real-time which would take too long. TIA!

Doesn't exist as far as I know and I have several Haas machines of various ages. Also I have never seen the screen display Graphics and the running program simultaneously.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Also I have never seen the screen display Graphics and the running program simultaneously.
    If you want that feature, F4 will show the program in graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    If you want that feature, F4 will show the program in graphics.
    Yes, F4 will show a few lines of code, not a split screen, and F3 will show coordinates. This is the only simulation that the Haas has. It executes all of the code but not necessarily in real time either. Afraid this is all you have unless you actually run a part and look at the cycle time.

Yes, actually the simulation can run slower than the real program if it has a lot short moves.

The only way to use the machine to get a time is to actually run the program then go in the graphics area and check the running time there. It will tell you the running time of the last program run. You could run an air program and check it.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Thanks for the replies

I'll print these out for him. We'll just have to run the program and see what it is. I've heard some NC editors will also give you an approximate run time, I'll see what he has for that.

Quote Originally Posted by haastec View Post
    ...... Afraid this is all you have unless you actually run a part and look at the cycle time.
    Or buy a Haas Simulator which will give a run time pretty close to the real run time on a machine. Also handy for proving programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    ...The only way to use the machine to get a time is to actually run the program then go in the graphics area and check the running time there....Mike
    It is CURNT CMDS and then page down twice, not Graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    It is CURNT CMDS and then page down twice, not Graphics.
    Thanks, I did not fire up the machine, just used vague statement to simulate looking!
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28