586,104 active members*
3,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Sabre A2100 Touch Screen

Question Cincinnati Sabre A2100 Touch Screen

Been playing with a 1996 Sabre 500 with a A2100 controller. One day the touch screen was missing on boot up. I have tried taking everything apart and cleaning with no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas to try. (I can't get a normal mouse to work either, it just freezes the computer.) I tested the computer power supply too. It was good.

Thanks for any help.
    Dan

My memory might be sketchy, but last time I had problems with the panel it was the KTI card. It's in the display panel behind the back panel - there is a beep on power up if it's initializing correctly - and the diagnostic runthrough lists it while the control is booting up.

Check to see if that is happening, all I can suggest.

Regards,
    John B

Thanks

I will check out the beep. Any ideas on why a regular mouse won't work? Do you need a special one?

Dan

Any standard PS2 mouse should work fine. If it doesn't work when plugging into the mouse port by the display, try plugging one directly into the PS2 mouse port on the WS board. This will eliminate the possibility that you have a bad extension cable.

Have you made any changes to the Windows settings or made any BIOS changes? Either of these could affect whether the touchscreen or mouse works.

Have you added any hardware to the control recently? If you tried to add a card to the control without configuring it properly first, you could have created a conflict in Windows preventing the touchscreen from working.

I haven't changed anything that I know of. Is there a way to look if there is a conflict? I will try plugging my mouse into the card tonight. I did take all the cards out and cleaned the contacts. But no change.

Thanks
    Dan

The battery on the mother board may be below its voltage which is around 3volts did you notice if the time on the control was keeping correct time and if so there is a inrush current thermister marked sg240 on the imput board above the box that houses the hard drive where the mouse and screen plug and power supply plug in,its black in colour and about 15mm round,sometimesif you get a power spike it can be damaged,check it out it may be the screen problem.If the machine beeps on start up it could also be just the crt is stuffed you can plug a screen into the back connection I was just talking about to see if its the crt or not.Regards Greg.

Finally got to work on the mill again. Got a normal mouse to work. It was the extension cable. As for the touch screen. It does beep on start up. Not sure what you mean by the CRT is stuffed?

Thanks

If you can get a old computor screen you should be able to disconnect the machines screen at the back where the mouse plugs in and plug in another screen,if this screen works then im afraid your machines crt may be crapped out.On my hawke 150 sometimes the screen comes up foggy and then clears when warmed up I was told it would expire very fast,that was almost 4 years ago and it still works fine.I guess when and if it does I will deal with it then,but you should be able to plug another screen in to get you by.Hope you sort er out regards Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by DRB4 View Post
    Finally got to work on the mill again. Got a normal mouse to work. It was the extension cable. As for the touch screen. It does beep on start up. Not sure what you mean by the CRT is stuffed?

Thanks
    Stuffed = crapped out = BROKEN

Joe