586,075 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > CNC Router Parts Linear Carriage???

CNC Router Parts Linear Carriage???

Who has used these? Feedback? Looking at using them on plasma table.

Subscribing because I was also looking to use these for my plasma table...also found this but he isnt selling to the public yet. In the email he said a couple weeks before he starts selling to public. The MakeSlide Project

Quote Originally Posted by tjb1 View Post
    Subscribing because I was also looking to use these for my plasma table...also found this but he isnt selling to the public yet. In the email he said a couple weeks before he starts selling to public. The MakeSlide Project
    I am contemplating that as well, the only concern I had with it is the small size of extrusions that it is based on. (only 20mm x 40mm) and if that would be enough to support a 4x6 or 4x8 table.

Lots of people in the diy wood router forum use them. Overall they're good and are a good value for the money in my opinion. The drawbacks are that they can squash stuff onto the CRS rail, but that can be prevented by using scrapers or shields. That may be less of an issue with a plasma table. I found mine a bit finicky to adjust on the Z axis, but I guess that's the price you pay (or don't). I've read about people having issues getting straight cold rolled steel lately but I did not have any problems. I've used mine for about 2 years of hobby use and they still work fine. My delrin acme nuts are wearing out before the bearings on the carriages do. You could also replace all the bearings fairly economically if they did wear out. I think one guy who was running production with them did that after a year or so.
    CNC mill build thread: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/vertical_mill_lathe_project_log/110305-gantry_mill.html

I love the design of 'em and I like the fact they give you the blueprints so you can make your own!!! But they are not overly priced, good deal if ya ask me!!!