586,103 active members*
3,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > PacSci SIGMAX E32 hybred motors... Are they Brush or Brushless?

PacSci SIGMAX E32 hybred motors... Are they Brush or Brushless?

Hello, I have some SIGMAX E32 conventional hybred (E32SRHP-LSS-NS-02) motors and I not sure if they are brush or brushless. I would like to use Gecko drivers and I understand that they do not support brushless motors.

I look through the online docs from PacSci but it is not plainly stated whether the motors are brush or brushless.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks... Norman

The PacSci Sigmax are a high quality step motor, they use Samarium-Cobalt magnets and the construction provides a higher torque rating than conventional construction in the same nema size motor.
    BTW the term Hybrid-Motor means the motor was made by combining the magnetic characteristics of Permanent Magnet Stepping Motors with the precision step angle of Variable Reluctance Stepping Motors.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

These are steppers so they're brushless. Any of the Gecko G200 range stepper drives will work. Brushed or brushless applies only to Servos.

Gentlemen, Thank You!