586,598 active members*
3,654 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > How about a guess as to how much a Series 2 bridgeport cnc weigh?

How about a guess as to how much a Series 2 bridgeport cnc weigh?

How about a guess then:

I need to get an idea of how much I will be moving. I have a powerstroke excursion so I have the truck to pull and stop it. I just need to know what kind of trailer to move it with. Thanks for the help.

Jason

Bump for a guess at the weight of the mill ???

Mine weighs about 5500 pounds.
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

about 5500.

r2e4

R2E4 series II weighs exactly 5000 according to the manual.

james

Thanks for the help I had to ask because this guy that I am going to buy it from says he thinks it weighs around 2000 pounds. I dont want to get over there with a smaller trailer than I need and have to drive back and hour and a half.

Jason

Yes, mine weighs about 5500 lbs. And I love it. Pat

just had mine shipped ...3400

Jason,

I doubt any flavor of series II weighs 2000 pounds. The factory manual for my BOSS3 Series I says it's over 3000 pounds.

The consensus seems to be around 5500 pounds for Series II machine. If you bring a trailer that can handle 5500, then it can also handle anything less. But if you plan on 2000 pounds of capacity, you may be unable to transport it safely but tempted to try it anyway.

I just moved mine and had a good experience hiring a guy who carries a forklift strapped to the back of his 12 ton flatbed truck.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13821

Others have had success hiring a "tilt-back" truck without the forklift.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...8&page=2&pp=19

Since my load only took up a small portion of his truck's capacity, he was able to make it a productive trip, transporting both my mill and a few pallets of building materials. I didn't have to pay for the 1 hour drive to Portland from his shop, nor the return trip. I only paid for the actual loading and transport time.

His having a forklift saved me some $$ and hassle arranging for a tow truck to meet me at my garage, or having to pay a second guy to bring a forklift out. The total charge for me was only $75! I decided to give him a tip since I felt he gave me a really good deal.

Yeah I had to get a boom truck to get mine out of a box truck, then it would not fit into the garage, so manual labor to get it inside. Now I have a 3500 lbs fork lift and can move it in 2 pieces to it's final resting place.

On that front I got a quote for 750 sq.ft. shop and that construction will start real soon. To bad the code and the HOA it so tight here. It will cost me double what I real nice steel building would cost. It has to match the house, sticks, stucco and tile roof.

From the manuals:
    A Series 2 NC weighs 7000 pounds.
    A series 2 BOSS 6 weighs 5400 pounds.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yeah, but once you tear off the old nc junk you probably lose 500 pounds
    Proud owner of a Series II Bridgeport.

I think it is around 5100

700Lbs.

Bridgeport weight

700 Lbs.