586,677 active members*
3,020 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport Explorer CNC Repair

I am in West Michigan and am looking for someone that can trouble shoot a Bridgeport Explorer 1 CNC mill.

Thank you for your help,

David

Re: Bridgeport Explorer CNC Repair

david

explain you problem with the mill and I or someone may be able to help if you are looking for on site service what town are you in in mich

good fortune

rich

Rich

I just picked up the machine, I was told that there was a problem with one of the boards but they had no details, I should have it in placed and powered up in the next 2 weeks. Then I can see what it does or doesn't do. I am in Allendale and have no experience in any type of cnc, this will be my first.

David

good fortune on your new machine I have 3 bp cnc 1 r2e3 ser1 1 r2e3 ser 2 and the latest r2e4 ser1 the r2e3 ser 1 worked when purchased but arrived at the shop dead the r2e3 ser2 I bought dead and after countless hours got her running I was luckly enough to have a great mentor in the troubleshooting when the r2e4 arrived I spent hours checking her out BEFORE I powered her up I took out the drive amps and all the boards and cleaned the edge connectors I checked and tightened all the terminal strips I checked the 2 hp motor for proper wiring and checked the main transformer jumpers also continuity on all the fault switches changed the batteries vacuumed all the chips left from the previous owner I also checked the timing belt and drive belt now I powered up no errors on the screen before I homed I wiped off the ways and squirted way oil on them I also manually activated the on board way oiler now I homed from there you can engage spindle and listen to the head I ended up rebuilding the head new bearings and belts also had to reset the on board tach and adjust the air brake and took apart the oiler to clean out the gunk and refill with new oil

now you say one of the boards is bad ??? the fist monitor may tell if you can find out from the previous owner which one you may find one on ebay I have a acquaintance who has a lot of boards he may have what you need most of the boards on ebay are so overpriced no one buys them except as a last resort

let us know your progress there is a lot of help on the zone so don't hesitate to ask

once again GOOD FORTUNE

rich