586,117 active members*
3,584 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach 3 on Bridgeport R2e3

Hello,

I'm fairly new on here and i've just purchased a Bridgeport R2e3 running Mach 3 software.

I've been using Sharpcam to write my programs and have managed to do a few things sucessfully.

However, when the program ends the machine runs into the Z axis limit switch. While this isn't really a big issue its annoying. It also does the same if there is a toolchange in the code.

The machine is fitted with what I believe to be a home and a limit switch at either end of the quill. When I "ref home" I don't have a problem and it hits the home switch with no hassle.
    Is there a fix for this? I cannot work out if its a programming or mach 3 error.

I'm also looking for some 3d software and have a question about my Bijur oiller and how to adjust the amount of oil but i'll try and find the relevant sections.

Thanks for any help.

Regards
    Ricky

Hi,

A bit late I know, but if you choose ‘Configure Machine Definition’ from the tools menu, you will see a group called ‘Tool Change’ in this group there is a drop down box that shows various methods to retract the Z axis. We hopefully have covered all scenarios but if you would like another added please let me know.

Regards

Julian