586,082 active members*
3,613 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Source for replacement Oil Lines??

Source for replacement Oil Lines??

Anyone know what the spec is on the plastic tubing and compression fittings for the oil lines? Thanks in advance. On a side note, I always thought it would be nice to add a couple check valves as well so the lines to the Z axis don't drain.

A little over a year ago I got fed up with the endless problems with my NM-135 and bought another manufacturers machine and have not had a single problem with it. After collecting dust all this time I have decided to sell my NM-135 so I no longer have to look at the eye sore. The potential buyer noticed the oil lines had cracked in a couple spots and wants me to fix them before he buys it. I tried asking the guys at Novakon and wasn't surprised when they didn't return my email.

Hopefully their customer service and QC has improved. I was sent a machine that had obviously never been tested, had parts missing, had broken parts, had incorrect parts, had design errors, was not in calibration, came with no manual, and was obsoleted by them weeks after I bought it with no advanced notice. The nail in the coffin was when they offered me 40% value of my machine less than a year after purchase and with less than 2 hours of run time on the machine.

I have a NM-145 and don't know if the oil lines are the same but on my machine they are 5/32nds or 4mm nylon tube. The compression fittings are available from Lube Management Solutions | Oil Analysis Services | Trico Corporation as are the oil metering valves and other parts. The tubing should be available from any place that deals in pneumatics.

Check out the one-shot lube section:

Machine Spares - Arc Euro Trade

Although I've never ordered from these guys, the parts look identical.

Poly and Nylon Tube in the UK ....

Are you in the UK? SSG have a great technical desk for anyone looking for Nylon tube and Poly tubing.

Regards

Roy