586,060 active members*
4,468 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > Dyna Mechtronics software & hasp (dongle) Wanted

Dyna Mechtronics software & hasp (dongle) Wanted

Hi,

I am looking the old Dyna dos software and Dongle.

It is called dynamyte Programming Workstation software and it requires a Dongle (parallel or Serial) to work. It is a dos program that came on 5 360K disks. and is from 1992 version 1.3 or 1.2.

The software will not work without the Dongle.

I would like to run my DM-3000 with the original software but just had no luck at all finding this Dongle and software.

Any Help out there at all?

It also was used to run the DM2X00, DM4x00, DM3000 and DM3000H.
    I know it is way out of date, but still would like to run it this way if I could.

Thanks,

An alternative...

I tried to locate the software. You need a slow computer to run it.
    I watched as others gave up on the Dyna control and "upgraded" to PC control over the frustration of not being able to load programs.
    I tried some demo DNC software and had limited success (Multi-DNC trial version worked for me).
    I tried Hyperterminal. I tried a hundred things.
    I use NCLink from OneCNC & it's FREE. CAD CAM CNC software solutions by OneCNC CAD/CAM
    It WORKS. You need to do some things with your program to make the transition beyond 900 lines. There's a thread here where I describe the setup for my DM2800, although not guarenteed to work on your machine might get you close. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...nications.html

thanks for the tips

Hi,

I have programed compters since before the PC so I am very versed in dos,8088 machines and on upwards. So a slow machine is not a probem at all.

thanks for the links to OneCNC and the NClink software. I did download it and did read your thread. It is really great for my library of stuff and I at least know it does work by someone that used it.

I used to have to make RS232 cables for the various printers and bat programs to run them in the old dos days. (every printer manufactor used different protocals so Batch files (bat) were needed.

This is basicly like sending and receving on a dialup modum.

I am still looking for the old software and the dongle to run it just to see that it can run on the old machines and in dos.

Biggest problem that I see is that the Dyna Language is unconventional and a post processor that is accurate for the machine DM-3000 or the 2400 can be all generated by this old software.. Dyna workstaion software.

Unfortunately the company doen't have any dongle's for the software anymore. (kind of a dead end unless one can be found). It is a rainbow dongle and should be with the software to be sure it is the correct dongle.

If one can be found they can be reproduced again by a company in Calf. from what the Dyna factory says but they don't even have one to do that.

That is the reason for the post, maybe someone has one hanging around somewhere???

Any input on getting a proper post processor for these machines?

OneCNC looks like a great program any idea on how much it cost??
    Most likey big bucks and out of reach..

Thanks,
    AirAmp

I was one of the people Tim is referring to. I tried to find the dongle and software for my 3000 and 2400. I unlike you am not well versed in DOS. After relentless pursuit came up empty. In the end it was much easier to convert. Plus I had "some" familiarity with Mach. It is odd in these days and times of hackers and access to so much information, that a dongle wouldnt be easy to reproduce? I havent seen it done though.

Dyna Mechtronics dongle

Hi,

Thanks for the great posts on your conversion. It looks like a great option if all else fails.

I did just find out that the mills and the lathes do take Fanuc 6m (mill) and Fanuc 6T code (lathe).
    So a post processor for these controlers will generate Conversational G code that the machines can understand. That with the NC link software for feeding it through the RS232 port will work.

Number of lines of code is limited (900-999 Lines).

If we ever get this dyna software and dongle (or crack the software) to run it will decrease the code lines by using the dyna canned cycles.

I am still looking for a dongle it is a Rainbow Sentinel from Protect Marketing Inc. Made in France and is blue/purple color. Any leads are helpful. I will be getting a old copy (5 1/4 floppys) to convert for someone onto a CD so that is good. Crack or emulator would be the next step but the dongle makes like much easier...

Thanks again for the great posts on conversion. Maybe you should make up a little book on how to convert the lathe will all the revisions? That would be very cool...

AirAmp

Dynamyte

I have used sheetcam for quite a while now and it works great. There is a post for 2100 and 2400 dynamyte machines as well as the required program to download it to your machine as long as you have the correct cable. You can get a trial version (at least you could a while back) that would allow you to post, I think around 400 lines, of code. It's the only reason I haven't switched to pc control. The computer I use is, I think a pentium 3 dell laptop, so you can use the newer stuff just fine. Check it out sheetcam.com

dyna Mechtronics workstation software

Hi,

The 2400 and 2800 mills along with the lathe's take 900 or 999 lines of code. The lathes take fanuc 6t code and the mills take fanuc 6m codes but they do not use the dyna canned cycles. It works well with less than the limit lines of code.

I don't think any of the software posts from software companys will use the dyna canned cycles. That is why I am trying to get the dongle and software that dyna provided years ago. It does generate the canned cycles so the length of the code will be reduced and the machines will be more efficient..

thanks for the input but still would like to find a dongle for this software.

airamp

Dynamyte

You are correct I haven't seen anything that uses the canned cycles, and that would be really cool, and a much shorter program. When I got my machine it came with a bunch of programs, one of which is supposed to take a program longer than 900 lines and feed it to the machine in 900 line increments, in other words it loads the first set of code and when you are done running that it clears the memory and loads the next 900 lines. Honestly I have yet to need it so I'm not sure how well it works. I'm interested to hear if you find something that uses the canned cycles.

Well from what I know so far the programs you have might be the right ones.
    did you run them at all? or try?

They are old dos programs on 5 1/4 or 3.5 floppys (or should be?) and one of them might be the G/M code translator. These are old (1990-1993) programs and from what I know needed a dongle to run.

I keep a computer running each of the old operating systems around just to be able to run the old software and this stuff would be a kick to run.(maybe usefull maybe not??)

I am now hearing that maybe they need a password? some don't need a password? I don't have any of them so I cannot tell what is up with this dyna canned cyles.

Until I get the software and dongle(if needed) I cannot do much but guess..

You really should try to fire it up and see what it is at least...
    Let me know if I can help.
    When I know more I will post it for sure..

airamp