586,113 active members*
3,211 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

where are the macro variables stored

I tend to use a lot of numbers when I use macro variables .
    The gcode var monitor that is under the operator menu in mach only allows a user to view 5 variables at one time .
    is there a place in mach where i can view all user variables or is there a way to expand the gcode var menu so that i can view more than 5 variables at a time

A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I'm not positive, but I think the monitor is the only place you can see them.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

bummer !
    I've searched the mach folder and couldn't find anything , so i kinda figured I'd be out of luck
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I've figured out a solution by creating a new screen with oem dro's and getvar .
    it takes painful patience but it'll do once it's complete

Another question that I've got , is there a mach command that I can use in my sub program that is similar to "if" and "then" (used in the main g code program)
    eg:
    IF [ #103 EQ 0 ] THEN #109= 0
    IF [ #103 EQ 0 ] THEN #110= 0

this is a part of a rotary macro that I've created to work with professional machines and it works flawlessly , unfortunately mach won't recognize the if or then when I try to run the code . The only solution that I've come up with was to create an m code with those lines in it , then replaced that portion of the code with the m code (which makes it work now) .
    eventually the whole routine will be one solid m code rather than a sub program , but it is what it is for the time being .
    Anyhow does mach have similar commands to "if" and "then" , that can be run within the g code program ? I've looked through the documentation and I can't find anything