586,331 active members*
4,465 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad part start to finish tutorial - will pay!

Bobcad part start to finish tutorial - will pay!

Hello Everyone,
    I am brand new to cnc and I am in the market for a cad/cam program. I am considering Bobcad but I have heard a lot of talk about how simple tasks take longer than they do on other programs and that it isn't always straight forward. So I am looking for someone who would be willing to make a simple part in Bobcad from start to finish, including all of the CAD and CAM work, while using a screen recorder to record your screen and a narration of what you are doing on the screen. This will be for a simple 2 axis Sherline lathe that has 3 tools on it....A standard cutting tool on the front, a parting tool on the rear, and a facing tool in the center. The part will basically be a short, simple cylinder with a concave face. I will provide part drawing with all dimensions before project. I don't have the money to pay a "professional" to do this so I am just looking for someone who knows what they are doing and wants to give it a shot. I am willing to pay $30 for this. If you do not have a screen recorder, I believe there are quite a few free ones online that you can download. They are extremely simple to use. Let me know if you would be interested. Thank you!

RS

you should just contact bobcad directly. they'll be more then happy to give you a goto-meeting demo which you can record on your end with any screen capture software. your frame rate might lag trying to do both operations but it should be fine for what you're looking for. beware though, bobcad will call you and email you like paparazzi on Gaga. Also, if you decide to buy just name your price the sales folks don't work on commission. they just have to sell the package so they'll get down well below list if you act like you're not interested.

one more thing, you should have them generate a post to make sure the stuff is going to work with your machine.

hope that helps.

Just check out the getting started videos on the website, and set up a demo if you need more..BobCAD-CAM Videos | BobCAD-CAM