Hi. I have a 2 axis CNC Millpower. The computer will recognize the A: drive and I can save programs to the floppy, but the computer won't boot from the floppy. I learned this while trying to update to V1.3.1 from 1.2.1. I was upgrading because some soft key options did not work, so Acu-rite suggested upgrading and emailed me the version 1.3.1. Acu-rite has been very helpful for me, but I just get tired of bugging the guy so much. We went through the CMOS settings this morning, everything seemed OK. He suggested sending the unit in for repair. I'm hesitant to spend the money right now, because it "seems" to be a simple problem.

What version of DOS does Millpwr use? I'm trying to create a boot disk. What would cause the computer to not boot from the floppy? Seems if I found a local computer person to help, it shouldn't be difficult? I'm just not sure that sending the whole thing to Acu-rite makes sense right now. I worry about shipping damage, etc for a system that seems to give me enough grief the way it is. Besides, I can still use the mill now.

Also, how do you program G code into the machine? I learned how to plug a keyboard into it the other day. I loike the machine, just want to learn more about it and how to use it rather than trying to fix it.

Thanks so much,
Scott