586,103 active members*
2,578 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > X translation problem

X translation problem

I have been trying to use X but whenever i try to translate/rotate my imported geometry, mastercam copies (i am selecting move) instead of moves. i can delete the original, but then I can't shade the "copy". Has anyone else had this problem? I am assuming it has got to be some setting that needs to be changed.
    If anyone can help me out here, it is greatly appreciated.

thanks
    fhadk

Up at the top of the xform window there are radio buttons for copy, move, and another option I never use. It always defaults to copy, you need to change it to move.

hey nervis1,
    i am selecting move, but it continues to copy.

just to add a little to that. My problem is not really with the copying, i could just delete the original, but with not being able to shade the part. is there any reason why i would only be able to shade the original (pre-translate) geometry?
    thanks again, i am lost in the woods here. i just keep going back to v9.1 to get things done, but my boss is on my ass to use X.

Oh I see you are selecting move and instead it both moves and copies the original geometry. I did not read your post well enough.

I have not heard that one before. I'd contact CNC support or your reseller with that one to see if anyone else has had that problem. I have not seen it posted over at the MC board.

Try this:

Go to Settings/Config/Colors and switch to 'Use entity colors' in the "Group colors" groupbox.

Mark

Lets ask this what re youtry to move Wre,Solid or surfaces.
    you should get the preview as you transform.

Also are you running Mastercam X SP1?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .