586,460 active members*
3,253 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Optimum BF20L CNC conversion using the Smooth Stepper
Page 29 of 31 192728293031
    Quote Originally Posted by FannBlade View Post
    Great job. :banana:
    thank you very much and for me it's still awsome to watch the mill machining a part that we've drawn...
    Eoin

Tried it out today to see if the added slots in the table end plate would work as planned and yup sure enough it will definitely be easier to clean the tslots from chips as there's not as much of a build up of chips left on the table....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Table mod 1.png.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	179543 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Table mod 2.png.png 
Size:	145.7 KB 
ID:	179544 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Table mod 3.png.png 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	179545
    Eoin

That is a sweet mod to the table. BTW your machines performance is very good, keep up the vids (love it).

Jess
    GOD Bless, and prayers for all.

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKY13 View Post
    That is a sweet mod to the table. BTW your machines performance is very good, keep up the vids (love it).

Jess
    Many thanks
    Eoin

Happy Mother's Day:wave: to all the CNC mammys and CNC wives out there:wee:
    Eoin

It's in May here in the USA

all things going well I should be able to go ahead this week with my idea of a non pneumatic (completely electrical) drawbar that I raised as a possible alternative a few months ago for my build.......and for the moment I'll still be using my MT2 spindle with..... [after my earlier (lack of experience) machine crash and the Timken replacement tapered roller bearings]....so with a wee bit of excitement I've been looking forward to this mod for a bit now and I have been thinking of a lot of different outcome results and so depending on the outcomes.... and of course I'll be posting the progress and or the "disasterous" results...this will dictate if I will simply use the MT2 spindle for my ATC or if I will machine a new spindle to accept an ISO30 tool holder.....but either way I WILL be adding the essential AC spindle bearing upgrade regardless of the outcomes....as I am still using the 1:1 motor ratio aluminium pulleys that I made months ago and I haven't changed/added the Delrin pulleys that I made recently (well ok a few months ago)....
    Eoin

well I'm happy with the slots in the table.....and it's serving it's purpose as the the table T-slots don't get clogged to the extent that they used to any more.....I must add a similar mod to the other end of the table but as that's the end that the stepper is mounted I'll have to make a temporary bracket before I can machine that end but either way I'm happy with what I have at the moment so it's not really on my priority list

Name:	Coolant Slots in Table.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	180079
    Eoin

I didn't get as much done as I thought I would on my PDB build this week but I was able to machine the some parts and this is my progress so far.....

I didn't have enough 20mm round stock to turn down a complete new drawbar and as this is PADDY'S weekend here in this side of the big blue:wee: all the suppliers are shut for a minium of three days.....

and so I used what I had available myself and drilled and tapped a small length of 20mm to accept an M10 thread and threaded the end of my BF20 drawbar and basically extended the stock drawbar as opposed to making a completely new one.....for the top hat I used a piece of 40mm mild steel shaft, bored it to accept the BF stock drawbar retaining collar, this I welded to the bored shaft and then faced the weld/turned it to an approx 45 degree as I thought the weld looked very unprofessional and kind of [in your face] and the attached photos explain the rest....

Name:	001.jpg 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	180080 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	180081 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	180082 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	180083 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	180084

Name:	006.jpg 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	180085 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	180086 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.jpg 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	180087 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	180088 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0010.jpg 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	180089

EDIT; I will also machine a 17mm hex nut on the unmachined [rusted] section of the drawbar extension....
    Eoin

I love pictures, did I miss your YouTube account?

June585 Guest
    Great job.

Nice work Eoin!

Quote Originally Posted by BAMCNC.COM View Post
    I love pictures, did I miss your YouTube account?
    Flippin heck I think I should change my user name, didn't login to youtube from my normal routine to get my youtube link in response to BAMCNC's request, but......

...couple of years ago when I joined the zone and as forum stuff was new to me and for a bit of fun my kids thought that the mad welder name was funny and a fitting name for me (as we normally have a mad time as in good mad laughing time together) and I didn't think anything of it as it was all a bit of fun anyway....but just this evening instead of my usual logging into youtube from my desktop icon, I just did a quick youtube search for me (Mad Welder2012) but geez holy crap the stuff that came up was freeking scary .......

anyway BAMCNC this is me on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/madwelder2012
    Eoin

not really liking the new face lift with my android it's not as easy as it used to be.... maybe I'm just old fashioned and kinda slow to change but after typing my last post it seems that the pics in post no568 and 569 have been removed for some reason!!
    Eoin

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
    Nice work Eoin!
    Many thanks for the kind words
    Eoin

Are you using tapatalk? It's the only way I browse forums now. In subscribed now.

Are you using tapatalk? It's the only way I browse forums now. In subscribed now.
    Nope just login from my android same as I would from my home pc....tis probably just me as now I'm typing from my phone

Nope just login from my android same as I would from my home pc....tis probably just me as now I'm typing from my phone.....but curious here can you access the smiley faces icon in taptalk as with my android I can't

Ahhhh ha I'm a genius :banana:you need to press the "full site" icon on the bottom of the screen to gain access to the smilies
    Eoin

Lol, Tapatalk has some, not sure if they work. :beer:

Page 29 of 31 192728293031