586,115 active members*
3,516 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 36 of 57 26343536373846

Laser addition to CNC mill

I would like to add a laser to my CNC mill. I plan to use my standard machine engraving CAM and edit all the "z" down commands to an "M" code to turn the laser on. Likewise "z" up to turn off the laser.

Has anyone done this? I see the $1700 plotter/type laser mentioned. I assume I could buy the laser alone for $1000.

Comments?

Laser conversion

Hi Bill,

Take a look at my forum, I have converted a cheap chinese laser to run from Mach 3 and I use the spindle speed to control the Laser Power, Works realy well. Please find link below

http://www.routoutcnc.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=17.0

Regards

Mike Gaylor

Hi Paul.
    Now how's the thing going? Being resolved or not?? 8 months.. LoL. too long.. Maybe they have eaten the machine as they are so hungry. You can let us know the brand or name of the company if possible..

JackYin

Hi Mike,

I visited your forum, and it is great. Your solution for running the laser with Mach3 seems to be the answer. Could you, please, give us more details about schematics, pins, etc. For myself from the photo was little bit difficult to understand the connection and how you control it through the spindle. Also, myself I am really interested in your assist solution. Could you, please, give me more details? A sketch or drawing would be great.

Thank you.

Z

Sorry for double post.

Remeber the Laser Doctor is always here to answer your questions. Please feel free to write......

Tha Laser Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Doctor View Post
    Remeber the Laser Doctor is always here to answer your questions. Please feel free to write......

Tha Laser Doctor
    Laser Doctor,

What do you know about the HX1290SE?

I ve had it for 2 months and cant get it going. Ive had problems with the "Datum" sensors and now need a new motherboard. Do you know of any upgrades or pointers to get this thing up and running. Anybody?

Thanks,

Arturo V, have you asked Frank Fang? This machine is from rabbit, isnt it?
    Luis

Quote Originally Posted by lamicron View Post
    Arturo V, have you asked Frank Fang? This machine is from rabbit, isnt it?
    Luis
    Oh Yeah,

Iam suppose to be getting a new motherboard and sensors from Frank. Has anybody installed anything like this before. It doesnt look that difficult. I guess I got to do it. This thing better work this time! How many things do we have to fix to get these Chinese lasers up and running?

Arturo

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by mikegaylor View Post
    Hi Bill,

Take a look at my forum, I have converted a cheap chinese laser to run from Mach 3 and I use the spindle speed to control the Laser Power, Works realy well. Please find link below

http://www.cnczone.com/Forum/index.php?topic=17.0

Regards

Mike Gaylor
    It seems that this forum not exist (chair)

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I am in the process of making my own laser cutter / engraver. It will be using a 60W CO2 laser from China, Mach 3 software and Gecko drives. System is also water cooled.
    Cutting area will be 49" x 13". I am a few months away from turning it on, but I will be posting pics as to my progress.

A problem that I haven't figured out how to control the output power of the laser so that I can mark/engrave as well as cut using the same dxf program.
    I would like to use different colours in the drawing to moderate the output...but I am not sure how to do that yet. Any idea?

Richard

Try looking over this solution for laser output power control:

http://www.solustan.com/products

LinkMotion seems to fit the bill. I was putting together as system simular to yours, and this was the software driver I would be using.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by buildsomething View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I am in the process of making my own laser cutter / engraver. It will be using a 60W CO2 laser from China, Mach 3 software and Gecko drives. System is also water cooled.
    Cutting area will be 49" x 13". I am a few months away from turning it on, but I will be posting pics as to my progress.

A problem that I haven't figured out how to control the output power of the laser so that I can mark/engrave as well as cut using the same dxf program.
    I would like to use different colours in the drawing to moderate the output...but I am not sure how to do that yet. Any idea?

Richard
    Mach 3 has provision for laser control. The Chinese laser power supply uses PWM and Mach3 spindle control can be set up for PWM. This has been discussed on the Mach3 forum. Search there for further info

Hiii hx
    i nee d some halp about moshi draw.i need moshi draw user menual.coz i don find any mode for cuting.and i also looking for delership for uk and urope any good chines laser machine manufacturing compny.

Hi HKXY I want to know if you already finish the laser machine for PAULC From the thread CHINESE LASERS. About 10 months ago you sold a machine to Paul and the thread (about 17 pages!!)it is about the same issue: YOU DID NOT MAKE THE MACHINE. If you already make it, I apologize but if you dont I think all the people coming to the forum should know about it.

mabe this is something to look for:

Hello, my friend at www.ams-laser.com is willing to setup a DIY site for a laser cutter/engraver, if there is enough interest in it, please reply with your vote, it will be a user donation suported site (not mandatory to acsess) and to start there will be ONE full set of instuctions to build a machine on the cheap. ( less than 3,000 for a 24" by 36"). Her page is in spanish but the diy page will be in english so cast your vote in the poll tread or e-mail her at [email protected]

Thanks

Arturo, just get solustan software and get rid of the motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Doctor View Post

Tha Laser Doctor
    heloo
    i am Doru from Romania, i want to buy a laser engravers from China (laser world, beijing) YH G9060C
    and please tel me you have more details to this models,
    My english is too bad,apology

My email adress :[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by lamicron View Post
    Hi HKXY I want to know if you already finish the laser machine for PAULC From the thread CHINESE LASERS. About 10 months ago you sold a machine to Paul and the thread (about 17 pages!!)it is about the same issue: YOU DID NOT MAKE THE MACHINE. If you already make it, I apologize but if you dont I think all the people coming to the forum should know about it.
    Still no progress from HKXY. He keeps saying he is arranging the shipping but nothing happens. Getting my hopes up to no avail. A modern form of Chinese torture.

Sorry to know that. You take the risk to show us that option, but I never think it was going to be that bad.
    Luis

Page 36 of 57 26343536373846