586,594 active members*
2,755 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 25 of 57 15232425262735
    *Wow* a fascinating thread. Thanks for a great read, gang! I've learned a lot about laser engraving. It seemed to cover all topics ... except the one I'm looking for. Can it cut the copper layer on a PCB board? If it could ablate that thin layer of copper and punch a hole through FR4 (fiberglass reinforced circuit board), then I just can't wait to have one!

Quote Originally Posted by hkxy View Post
    I may make any size the laser to cut the machine
    Size scope: 10-2400 millimeter
    Power: 15-200W
    Contains the complete software,Air system,Laser,Optics lens,Controls the electrical machinery...

He makes in China,The price is low

If you need,May tell yours request I,Perhaps I can give you the good price
    PLGIVE ME YOUR CONTACT E MAIL ADDRESS AND POSSIBLE PRICE RANGE.
    CAN YOU MAKE LASER TO SUIT DEEP THROUGH CUTTING LASER ALSO?
    CJACK
    [email protected]

Hey Hkxy

PLGIVE ME YOUR CONTACT E MAIL ADDRESS AND POSSIBLE PRICE RANGE.
    CAN YOU MAKE LASER TO SUIT DEEP THROUGH CUTTING LASER ALSO?
    CJACK
    [email protected]

I have just been reading through this whole thread. What a vast range of experiences and the difference in cultures, approaches and languages.

The Chinese have a lovely word, almost a phrase in itself...

Aye-yaaaaa which is often said whilst throwing up your hands in the air indicating you are handing it all to the ancestors as it is all just too much.

Be that as it may, fairly early on someone spoke of the work head trying to move beyond where it physically could, making a dreadful noise in the process perhaps sounding like gears stripping. Did anyone find out what that was? I suspect it was a similar thing to what can happen to printers when the print head is manually moved beyond its automatic resting position so things get out of synch. A similar thing may happen when a cd drive jams and is then manually opened, the drawer wont close properly afterwards unless one does some fiddling around with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tashammer View Post
    I have just been reading through this whole thread. What a vast range of experiences and the difference in cultures, approaches and languages.

The Chinese have a lovely word, almost a phrase in itself...

Aye-yaaaaa which is often said whilst throwing up your hands in the air indicating you are handing it all to the ancestors as it is all just too much.

Be that as it may, fairly early on someone spoke of the work head trying to move beyond where it physically could, making a dreadful noise in the process perhaps sounding like gears stripping. Did anyone find out what that was? I suspect it was a similar thing to what can happen to printers when the print head is manually moved beyond its automatic resting position so things get out of synch. A similar thing may happen when a cd drive jams and is then manually opened, the drawer wont close properly afterwards unless one does some fiddling around with it.
    Hi

Because the small machines like "RS3040A" has no limit switches. There are 2 switches for homing only, so after you switch on the power, the machine will go to home position, when you send a file to the machine and there is a "sounding like gears stripping" the cause may be:

-Your file x or y axis length is bigger than the machine travel (reduce the size x or y)

-There is a bad communication between the computer and the machine, "data error can send the head beyond the mechanical limits" (check the communication cable or software communication settings)

-There is a mechanical error on your machine (clean or lubricate)

Gear stripping noise!

Hi everyone, this is a very interesting thread. Just spent the last 2 hours reading all the postings to catch up with the history.
    For general information, the noise is caused by the stepper motor trying to move the axis beyond its mechanical limit. Steppers are exactly that, they try to step at the frequency determined by the software. This causes the sound. As the motor can not move the axis, it just resonates.
    For the record. and to nail my colours to the mast, we are the Redsail distributors in the UK, so don't expect any specifics regarding competitors machines!
    Best regards to all.

Hey Neil, great to see a European RedSail distributor! I lost contact with Leo somewhere in a sea of e-mails and to make a long story short, I never got the details of the European distributor. Since earlier in this thread I've had to move a laser engraver lower down my priority list but maybe next year some time I can get one.

Do you have a web site with your prices, or some contact information?

Im in Ireland.

Thanks.

Want to buy my broke machine? CHEAP. It seems Redsail does offer very good support for their machines, If you are made of money and can ship it back to China. For some I do not think this is an option. So before you purchase one, Ask yourself if something breaks can I pay shipping back.

But I would just ship it back to the distributor I bought it from in England, perhaps the good fellow called Neil above. Under European law, he as the seller would be liable if the product did not match the description of what he was selling me. Hopefully that wouldn't arise. I think you may have just been very unlucky Aksess. And although I appreciate the offer, I would prefer to buy a machine that might be working than one I know is not!

I totally understand. Yes I guess my luck is just plain bad all around with this laser.

UK distribution of redsail

Quote Originally Posted by diarmaid View Post
    Hey Neil, great to see a European RedSail distributor! I lost contact with Leo somewhere in a sea of e-mails and to make a long story short, I never got the details of the European distributor. Since earlier in this thread I've had to move a laser engraver lower down my priority list but maybe next year some time I can get one.

Do you have a web site with your prices, or some contact information?

Im in Ireland.

Thanks.
    Hi Diarmaid,
    I hope we are not infringing any site rules in replying to you, but it is not our intention.
    We will have our new website up in two weeks.
    The lasers are undergoing stringent testing and some modifications to bring them up to spec for selling in the Uk and Ireland.
    We have good results so far and will keep you informed directly if you would like to send me your contact details. Please send to me personally rather than our general sales. my address is [email protected]
    In our opinion the RS3040A is a good little machine for crafts etc. For more serious applications the versatility of the larger machines is well worth the extra, if you have the extra!
    P.S. As you stated in your later posting: Yes of course, we will stand by any machines we sell. we also offer an on-site guarentee as we consider the machines too bulky and prone to damage if not properly packed for returning to our factory. All said, we will not be the cheapest because all this service costs; and if we are not sensible about this, we will not be in business to offer any support. that's in no ones interest.
    Best regards. N.P.

Neil,
    I am now officially interested in a laser. I have been following this thread with some interest but have been unwilling to take a chance with a direct purchase from China becuase of the language barrier and lack of support. I fully understand the need to charge a higher price to be able to support machines after the sale and have no problem with the added expense. When your website is up and running and things settle into place for you, I'm sure I will look into your offerings with a new interest. Glad to see you get involved in this area of machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pritchett View Post
    Hi Diarmaid,
    I hope we are not infringing any site rules in replying to you, but it is not our intention.
    We will have our new website up in two weeks.
    The lasers are undergoing stringent testing and some modifications to bring them up to spec for selling in the Uk and Ireland.
    We have good results so far and will keep you informed directly if you would like to send me your contact details. Please send to me personally rather than our general sales. my address is [email protected]
    In our opinion the RS3040A is a good little machine for crafts etc. For more serious applications the versatility of the larger machines is well worth the extra, if you have the extra!
    P.S. As you stated in your later posting: Yes of course, we will stand by any machines we sell. we also offer an on-site guarentee as we consider the machines too bulky and prone to damage if not properly packed for returning to our factory. All said, we will not be the cheapest because all this service costs; and if we are not sensible about this, we will not be in business to offer any support. that's in no ones interest.
    Best regards. N.P.
    Thanks for the reply Neil,

1) Not infringing any site rules afik. This site is all about people seeking information on such products.

2)I have no problem paying extra for the service support. That is completely understandable.

3) Looking forward to seeing your website. As an aside please put your prices onto it as there's nothing more discouraging than shopping online and having to contact sales dept's just to get a basic guide price!

4) I'll send you my e-mail address, but before my laser purchase I have to finish 1st wood router, buy a new house (nxt year), move into new house, establish new workshop, build 2nd wood router, build cnc plasma cutter....then buy laser engraver! So unfortunately I probably wont be your 1st customer , but certainly by this time next year I hope to at least be started on my cnc plasma, and looking to a laser engraver. You are right in that I will probably have to consider a larger system by then.

L8rs.

Edit: And btw thanks for your honesty Neil. I think you'll find most people on the zone are decent and honest. It's appreciated. :cheers:

Hi,

I have ordered a RS3040, a laser tube, a laser power supply and a set of mirrors from Redsail. I paid by bank transfer. The transport was almost $700, huge. Leo from Redsail was very helpful. Unfortunately the carrier was TNT, with whom I had in the past only bad experiences. The parcel arrived and TNT proved once again that they provide a very poor service for a lot of money, at least in Romania. They claimed that Redsail made wrong papers and asked me to take care about customs clearance at 70 km away from my home, at their warehouse. I did it but I asked them to deliver the parcel at my home as it was paid an extra $40 or $50 compared with the delivery at their office. It was big mistake. They claimed that they had not appropriate car/van and they have been obliged to open the parcel without my approval. So they delivered each item separately, laser machine, power supply, laser tube. The first issue was that in the laser machine the mirrors have been lost and damaged by being scratched. I can explain this only if the screws have not been tied, which means that the machine left without checking. Leo told me that the factory checked the machine...still, I can not explain how it was possible that one cable connector to be not connected. Anyway, I have not seen any other damages on the machine. The power supply I ordered as a spare part seems to be not new but can not claim this for sure. Leo is a great person and he told me that the factory claimed the apoer supply to be new. The problem was with the spare laser tube. It was packed into a separate wood box, closed with big nails. Inside the tube was very well packed and protected but I discovered that either due to the hammering of big nails or due to handling during transportation the cooling glass circuit inside of laser tube was broken. I did not see any damage at the laser tube in the machine and still I do not know if the laser machine is working as until now due to different reasons - one is that I moved in another house - I did not give a trial to the machine yet. I made pictures and sent to Leo. As I said Leo is a true professional. They immediately sent me a laser tube and a set of mirrors by DHL this time. Unfortunately, this time due to the papers DHL asked me to pay again the customs and VAT, and more than that I discovered that in the parcel which was opened by DHL for customs clearance were no mirrors. Leo told me that the factory is claiming that they put the mirrors inside, DHL is claiming that inside was only the laser tube. For me something is sure, I paid for them and did not get them. Anyway, Leo promised me to fix the issue with my next order. The new spare laser tube seems to be OK. Not doing any trial with the machine I can not tell you more. What is sure is that Leo is doing his best and is taking care about the customer. I hope in few days to give a trial and coming back with news. I hope I will not discover other damages or problems. Sorry for long story. Anyway I skipped a lot of details...along of two months saga.

Zoltan

I do want to tell you that until now I borrowed a lot of money (do not ask me how much and when I must pay them back) and invested in CNC - software, steppers, components, laser machine, vinyl cutter but not yet in the business. I hope in two months to finish my real cnc router. A steel machine of 2mX2mX0.150m (X,Y,Z) and then to start...

Zoltan

Oh no! Sorry for your trouble Zoltan. Hope the people you borrowed the money from are legitimate institutions that will charge interest in euros as opposed to blood and bones! It seems that some of the problems stem from the manufacturer as opposed to the distributor. I hope Neil above doesn't end up with a headache trying to get RedSail in China to adopt correct western business practices.

As an aside Neil, my email is down at the moment and won't send any messages.:boxing: Tomorrow is a bank holiday here, so hopefully it'll be back by Tuesday and then I'll contact you.

Actually, they are friends of mine and not banks. It means that I can not ask for any delay in payment.
    On other hand, Leo is not a distributor, he works for REDSAIL, but I believe is located in Canada. Honestly, despite all the troubles I have a great relationship with Leo and REDSAIL and they are doing correct business.

Zoltan

Zoltan welcome to the Redsail dilemma. I hope you have better luck with your machines than I have. I am just glad I am not depending on it for business.

Hi Aksess,

Thank you for welcome. I would like to ask you to do me a favor. Could you, please, make few pictures of inside of your laser machine in those two compartments which accommodate the electronic/electric stuff. As I said in my previous post, my laser machine came with a connector disconnected but also, it seems to me that other wires are not connected as they should. Leo was very kind and asked the factory to send me a picture with the connector in question and schematics. The factory sent the picture and the schematics, but the schematics has no reference part number or component ID so is not useful for identify the appropriate connections. Also, Leo offered the support of their technicians but due to the language barriers I would prefer to ask the help to somebody who had already turned on such a laser machine and is English native speaker. In few days I will finish with the movement in another house (we had some problems with the building) so I plan to give the laser machine the first trial, so, I need to check everything before this trial.

Thank you.

Zoltan

Ce mai faceþi? Where in Romania are you...I have been many times...perhaps I could help get it to you...Johyn

Page 25 of 57 15232425262735