587,523 active members*
3,625 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 33 of 57 23313233343543
    I dont know how the support will work from a stockist as they to are just as reliant on supply from china, if you want to buy ten lasers say at 5000 us and the stockist want two to three times as much i would go direct to wklasers who appear to make most of them anyway, i have three of these and are still working as they should .

The other problem is your location in the uk and i dont think many people relize
    the cost of a engineer . I had a company in west sussex with a waterjet cutter and many cnc machines which would cost on my kongsberg 1000 sterling to turn up from 250miles away then want his hotel for the night, hence i always buy to of everything so you do the swap yourself saving money .

So buy direct, IF YOU DO BUY TEN YOUR PROBALLY HAVE MORE THEN ANY STOCKIST who knows you may even get a engineer thrown in with the deal.

Good Luck

Thanks Dragon,
    I'll look into that in the morning.I'm pretty much expecting them to be almost disposable but I really would like them to work out of the box.Thus far people seem to have had a few problems using them or at least they don't do "what it says on the label"..

thanks for the input

Dave

Redsail in the UK

Hi All,
    Yes, we are distributing Redsail lasers here in the UK, and no, we are not just as reliant on support from China as you would be!
    Let me explain:
    Firstly, we spent a lot of time in China with Redsail, assisting with their designs, and we still do design work and feed it back to Redsail to assist in the continued improvement of the products. Because of this, we have our own in depth knowledge of the products.
    Second, WK do not manufacture most of the machines.
    Third, we provide 12 months warranty with machines we sell. We also hold a reasonable stock of spares, including tubes, PSU's, optics, belts, bearings, drives etc.
    Fourth, we have a range of working demonstration machines here in our factory, from the small machines up to the big C150+ (1500x900 with 100w laser). All wired up and ready to demonstrate with your files.

If anyone is interested, we exhibiting at the Sign UK trade show, stand N70, at the NEC 1 to 3rd May. We would be pleased to see you there and discuss your requirements.

Regarding the 3040A, make sure you have set the RS232 data to the highest speed and 8 data bits, no parity and 1 stop bit. Also ensure you are using the serial cable supplied with the laser machine. If this still does not work, I suspect that the PC serial port is not functioning. Try it with another device (printer etc).
    Let me know how you get on. We will try to help (although we have not sold this machine to you).
    Best regards. Neil for CTRfuture Ltd. http://www.ctrlasers.co.uk

Smile

This is exactly what I was looking for.

A company representative that is prepared to help somebody they have made no money out of.A level of service like that means if I buy from them they will go the extra mile to sort any problems I may have.I have yet to see any of our Chinese brothers posting to help people with problems with gear they HAVE sold let alone gear they haven't!
    An accurate and fast response to the enquirey mail I sent with a open and up front declaration of price ranges.No hard sell or telling me I need to buy something I quite clearly do not need.

Great stuff Neil I shall be going to the NEC and look forward to discussing my needs and purchases with you.I'll get back to your Email as soon as I'm back in the office with the information your requested.

Many thanks

Dave

RS3040A Data Cable Problem!

Thanks so much Dave i apreciate your information for this little problem.

In this momment i made the terminal cable from out the RS3040 (has 5 terminal the pins inside data cable are 2,3,5,7,8) only i need information from inside the connector to PC 232.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Robert

PD: don´t worry i am a good technician and i no have problem for make this.

Hello Neil,

A very informative web site you have, probally one of the best out there at the moment.

The one thing i cannot see maybe im missing it is your location address as i cannot find it anywhere in your site. and to my previous post regarding that you are only as good as the support you yourself receive from china we all know from reading earlier post that some of them abandon the customer as soon as there is a problem with their machine also the same seems to be adopted by their some of their distributers, mainly for setup advice but i cannot see any company who will swap a pci card at a cost of $1200 us when they dont even replace a broken tube.

I know you are just starting out for redsail in the uk and i wish you all the best for you and indeed your customers and the only way is probally going to be time and posts from very satisfied customers. It is good to here that you stock all these as people buying from canada pay their money and still the machines come out of china with the long wait .so i take my hat off to you as i know that you have invested time and a lot of money doing this and yes we all need good english advice such as you give and i will be watching your progress with interest as it will benifit all

Best Regards

CTRlasers UK location

Dear Dragoneye,
    You are right, the address is not on the site. We had a lot of problems with spam and rubbish post when we had our email and address details on our site. That's why we removed them and resorted to the contact form method.
    We are based in the county of Northamptonshire in the UK. This is midway between London and Birmingham, and just 5 miles from the M1 junction 15. A good location for reasonably quick transport to most areas of the UK.
    If anyone requires exact details please send us a quick email via our web 'contact' page and we will be pleased to provide them. http://ctrlasers.co.uk/tinc?key=WM3T...erFeedbackForm
    We are sorry for the convoluted approach, but you realy would not believe the scum that is out there waiting to be dumped on the unsuspecting!
    Spam has a signifcant detrimental impact on time management, and hence customer support. that is why we want to keep it to a minimum.
    Best regards to all the honest workers! Neil for CTRfuture Ltd.

RS232 cable for Redsail 3040

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_Trilogy View Post
    Thanks so much Dave i apreciate your information for this little problem.

In this momment i made the terminal cable from out the RS3040 (has 5 terminal the pins inside data cable are 2,3,5,7,8) only i need information from inside the connector to PC 232.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Robert

PD: don´t worry i am a good technician and i no have problem for make this.
    Hi, the data cable you need is as follows:
    Laser - PC
    1 - N/C
    2 - 3
    3 - 2
    4 - N/C
    5 - 5
    6 - N/C
    7 - 8
    8 - 7
    9 - N/C
    Shield - Shield
    Note that N/C = no connection.
    This should get you out of trouble.
    All the best. Neil (for CTRfuture Ltd)

Hi Robert,
    You can use DB-9 Male-Female Null-Modem cable, also You can see the attached images for the Wiring and Pin outs if You decided to make the cable by yourself.
    the machine cable only use that pins

( Male )----------------( Female)
    (machine)----------------( PC)
    --------------------------------------
    Frame Ground<-------->Frame Ground
    ( 2 ) <------------------->( 3 )
    ( 3 ) <------------------->( 2 )
    ( 5 ) <------------------->( 5 )
    ( 7 ) <------------------->( 8 )
    ( 8 ) <------------------->( 7 )

Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dp9-Null-Modem Connection.jpg   dp9male-female.jpg  

The hx laser machines are great I supply them in the u.k you should be talking to [email protected] their u.s division he is a great help because you will have problems and he is the guy to talk to we have our 60 x90 machines cutting through 15mm perspex also marking paper --very versatile
    good luck chris

Hell again everyone. I finally got my replacement laser tube through the post and have fitted it, which was real easy, even for an amateur like me .

Unfortunately the machine is still not reacting so I can only presume that the power supply got damaged. After running water through the new tube I can see how damaged the old one must have been as it ad water in all compartemtns rather than just running through the middle! I am in contact with the guy and he is going to send me a power supply over, so fingers crossed I might be engraving in the not too distant future!!

Another thing though and sorry for butting in, could I boost the power of my laser with a stronger tube? This guy is selling tubs up to a massive 80 watt and as I want my machine to cut I was thinking the extra power could help me do this?

Here's a link to the tubes...

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Laser-Works...enameZL2QQtZkm

...let me know what you think. Thanks

In theory you could upgrade.
    Problem is the higher the wattage the longer the tube. So it is unlikely you would be able to mount it safely in your machine. The high voltage power supply would also need to be upgraded at the same time.
    Paul

Here is a thought.

Start with a vector file and convert it to a "pixel" map file once it is correctly scaled. Many graphics programs should have that capability.

Yes, this is only a work-around, but you may be able to get some mileage this way.

Del

Angry help for IE 300

hi,

I bought an IE 300 laser engraver with Moshidraw software to do stamps. I've entered parameters, the machine responde (I've no problem with the engraving area...) but the laser power isn't constant, the laser just burn the material...I've tried a lot of things but in vain...
    I've some questions:

-Is it possible to use Coreldraw X3 or else software to export file...?(I've tried but the file's size isn't good)
    -Is there a driver to use the engraver with Windows, like a printer?
    -Is it possible that the Moshidraw version isn't good?

Thanks for your help

PS: sorry for my approximative english...

abis

cutting problem

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pritchett View Post
    Hi, the data cable you need is as follows:
    Laser - PC
    1 - N/C
    2 - 3
    3 - 2
    4 - N/C
    5 - 5
    6 - N/C
    7 - 8
    8 - 7
    9 - N/C
    Shield - Shield
    Note that N/C = no connection.
    This should get you out of trouble.
    All the best. Neil (for CTRfuture Ltd)
    I have one little problem, when send cut one circle the machinne cut but no one circle. The left and right circle is ok but the up and down make one little line.
    i not sure if the problem is the software parameters or the machinne pantograph.

The engraving is all OK, circle square etc the problem is when cutting vector

The program for RS3040 is Easycut 2.0
    The parameters are

HPGL Resolution 1016 DPI

Machinne Resolutions

X 1000 DPI
    Y 2000 DPI

Please help me with this i not have another program for work with machinne.

Thanks fo all!!!!!

Hi Roberto,

Try this Offsets for Origin Settings
    X axis=37
    Y axis=72
    the start will be from top left just down the table mounting screw, you may fine tune this offsets according to your machine.

I am currently thinking of selling my IE300, since business isn´t doing too well
    The laser is a 220V and working perfectly, which I guess would be a benefit since it seems you won´t know that for sure if you buy it from IEHK.

But what do you think is a reasonable price to take for the engraver?

Hi All! anyone have another program, whitout key, the EasyCut 2.0 is very basic. I want EasyCut 4.0 or other when i see working area for job and send laser power from program.
    Thanks so much for your help!!!

Good Job´s

Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by abis78310 View Post
    hi,
    -Is it possible to use Coreldraw X3 or else software to export file...?(I've tried but the file's size isn't good)
    -Is there a driver to use the engraver with Windows, like a printer?
    -Is it possible that the Moshidraw version isn't good?
    abis
    Hi Abis,
    I just posted a new thread on software you are looking for. It's LM300 raster and vector for Lasers. $700 savings if you buy now. $1299 down to $599. Still pricey but should be worth it and it acts just like a printer driver.
    LinkMotion from Solustan
    Hope it helps
    Richard.
    I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_Trilogy View Post
    Hi All! anyone have another program, whitout key, the EasyCut 2.0 is very basic. I want EasyCut 4.0 or other when i see working area for job and send laser power from program.
    Thanks so much for your help!!!

Good Job´s

Roberto
    Hi Roberto,
    Your machine RS3040 , it has only a potentiometer for manual laser power adjustment and there is no Power controller with PWM to control the machine power from the software.

Page 33 of 57 23313233343543