586,290 active members*
4,037 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 18 of 21 81617181920
    let us know how that works billy. I hope thats it. what puzzles me is when it happens, I can change the tip and it will finish the job perfect. If it was bad air shouldn't it do it again with a new tip? Changing tips like that gets expensive fast.
    PlasmaRoute HD 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdude View Post
    let us know how that works billy. I hope thats it. what puzzles me is when it happens, I can change the tip and it will finish the job perfect. If it was bad air shouldn't it do it again with a new tip? Changing tips like that gets expensive fast.
    Yup I hope this works too, my thinking on my instances when it happens may be minut particules are getting down to the swirl ring and into the tip causing me not to have a solid arc. I'm probably wrong but i gotta rule it out first. Oh and by the way i haven't ever run my machine without the thc.

it must mess up something with the THC. I can backup and "run from here" with the THC off after a miss fire without changing any other parts or settings and it will cut. When it does it, a hole is made so its making an arc, just something is not letting it continue?
    PlasmaRoute HD 4x4

Diverdude, it sounds like you are not getting, or losing the "Arc ok", or "ok to move" signal for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BBchevy396_ View Post
    Diverdude, it sounds like you are not getting, or losing the "Arc ok", or "ok to move" signal for some reason.
    Hey BB thanks for the input,that gives us another direction to go with. I got to thinking last night that maybe i was leaving out a step in sheetcam and it wasn't generating gcode,{but that's not the problem cause it will cutout same pattern with no mistakes the first time} Mind goes to rambling when i have a problem lol. Went to the slagpit{rodburner} the other day,only pic i could see was of your dad and his indian, cool. Thanks for helping us out! We're all newbies to this cnc stuff,we're searching,reading and trying to get this figured out. It'll stick in our brain once we get it figured out.

I'll have to watch that. I think there is a page on mach3 that will show that with a yellow light when its on or off. Have to figure out how to find that. Thanks BB
    PlasmaRoute HD 4x4

Well i had some time today to go out and play made a couple of things for customers today,came out pretty good and i'm still having those misfires after piercing and stalling out. Found a workaround so i didn't have to stop and redo,all i did was barley touch the arc with a slim piece of metal and it continued without a glitch after that, I know its not the fix we need but it will get us by till we figure out what's causing the poor arc after a pierce. Y'all give it a try next time see if that works for y'all. Here' a couple of things i cut today 46" welcome sign and a free beer sign that's 20"x10"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phone pics 7-29-12 025 (640x478).jpg   phone pics 7-29-12 024 (640x478).jpg  

Billy have you called Nikki or Steve about the issue?
    JMD-18 CNC Converted & PlasmaRoute Blaze HD 4x4
    Ran by very custom dust covered cpu's

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykat View Post
    Billy have you called Nikki or Steve about the issue?
    No not yet Alex, i'm gonna install that air dryer first and see if that helps it i know i don't have clean dry air,then if that doesn't solve the problem i'll give em a call

I finally had a fork lift move my table to my bigger shop in the same business strip.Hope to be cutting again next week sometime.I still need to move my compressor,wire that 220 in and also plug up the torch direct to the breaker.Hard part is over though.

Hey Kat, must be nice, I'm about to move and have to move my table. I have to move mine 100 miles, don't think I can do it with just a fork lift.
    PlasmaRoute HD 4x4

Ok guys,I finally got my air dryer in and installed and seems to have helped alot. Cut out 3 things today with no problems and tip and electrode still looks good. I didn't like the way my electrical outlets were set up so i redone them so i didn't have a bunch of extension cords layin everywhere and made a new shelf for the plasma torch-puterscreen. Looks a lot better to me lol. I think it was a good investment to my system. Wished i had purchased the air dryer sooner. I did have 2 misfires on the trees in the cabin scene but i think that was not working with it in artcam close enuff. 2 are 24x12 and the other one is 20x12. I really think that solved all my problems. I will keep ya posted if i have any issues with the setup. Hope all ya'll are still out there playing with your machines,there hasn't been too much posting going on here!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails air dryer 003 resize.jpg   air dryer 002 resize.jpg  

Thanks for the update Billy. That is great news. What a relief to know that moisture has been the culprit. Those pieces you cut today look great.

I'll have to fork out more $ to get a dryer now.

Been running my router more than the plasma lately.

I put my router on a few weeks ago and have been trying to set up a new set of bits I bought. Got those new amana In-Groove cnc bits, or so there suppose to be, I have been back and forth with the factory trying to get the information to set them up in artcam and you would thing I was asking to get the space shuttle redesigned.
    PlasmaRoute HD 4x4

One of these days i'll get to put on my router and get really confused lol. I just do not have enuff time to play anymore geez.

You can fit it in Billy, I'm in the middle of moving and have slipped in a couple of "play times" in the middle of it all
    PlasmaRoute HD 4x4

How bout posting some of ya'lls router work so i can get inspired to mount mine lol. And what type bits your using?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy J. View Post
    Ok guys,I finally got my air dryer in and installed and seems to have helped alot. Cut out 3 things today with no problems and tip and electrode still looks good.
    I just ordered the same dryer online.It was $401 shipped but I got a coupon code online and it knocked it down to $325! :banana:

Got my dryer in,hooked it all up,flipped on my torch and it was fine.Like 2 mins later it turned off while sitting at idle and it wont turn back on.Already switched around the breakers and all that.Gonna call up Thermal Dynamics tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykat View Post
    Got my dryer in,hooked it all up,flipped on my torch and it was fine.Like 2 mins later it turned off while sitting at idle and it wont turn back on.Already switched around the breakers and all that.Gonna call up Thermal Dynamics tomorrow.
    Sorry to hear that Alex.

Are the LED's on the front of your cutter displaying the proper air pressure? No other red fault lights?

Keep us posted.

Dan

Page 18 of 21 81617181920