586,119 active members*
3,596 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Meldas 50m - Error P460

When drip feeding the mill will freeze on xyz plane after 10mins(approx) of machining and display error P460 will be highlighted. Its a dedicated pc to that machine and cable length is no more than 12ft. Pc's screen saver and power management is disabled. Using dolphin part master version 8.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Try watching your X-OFF signal on the screen if you can. Usually when you get this error is when the CNC sends a signal to the PC to stop sending because the buffer is full. If it's a long running program, the software may start sending again without the X-ON signal. You can simualte this by starting the drip feed and put the machine in single block. Let the machine sit and see if the PC finally starts sending without the X-on signal being sent. If this is what is happening look at your parameters on your PC application and see if you can find one to set a longer timeout for X-Off.

Good Luck

Chippy
    Chippy

hi all
    I have a leadwell vmc 25 with a mits meldas 50m controller. I purchased it second hand. It has its own laptop and I use nclink to drip feed to it.
    It started getting p460 I/O ERROR every now and again. I changed the board rate from 9600 to 4800. This seemed to help although after about a month it started again. Now I cant get anything to work. It won't drip feed at all, same alarm all the time now

any idea's on which or what would be failing
    thanks
    Fred

Meldas 500 "P32 address error"

does anybody know what a "P32 address error" is on a Meldas 500?

P460 error

I have figured it out, I have the same problem with my AMERA SEIKI. When I drip feed, the machine stops after a few minutes because the buffer memory fills up. But if you configure your I/O settings properly, the problem stops. Here is how I did it.
    I configured the device pages (the first two pages) with the exact same entries. EX: device name DDR (both pages) and all the rest of the settings same both pages. Do not forget to number your code program (don't leave it at 0000, change the number to anything EX: 0123 or else the controller will go to alarm and indicate that it is the I/0 device. I ran my program with 7 million entries with no problem at all. Oh you also need a DNC program, anyone will do so long as it has no limitations (freeware). Have fun!

Norman

I'm trying to set up a Leadwell VMC 25 with a Mitsubishi Meldas 50. want to dripfeed the machine. Anyone have a free DNC software thats suits this machine. And I also need a pin configuration for the RS232 Cable. On my Maho 432 I use Hypertherminal to transfere programs but I Can't dripfeed that one so I belive there is a better DNC program to use.

Quote Originally Posted by smoregrava View Post
    I'm trying to set up a Leadwell VMC 25 with a Mitsubishi Meldas 50. want to dripfeed the machine. Anyone have a free DNC software thats suits this machine. And I also need a pin configuration for the RS232 Cable. On my Maho 432 I use Hypertherminal to transfere programs but I Can't dripfeed that one so I belive there is a better DNC program to use.
    I have something for you to use. send me your E-Mail.

[email protected]

I have a meldas 50 that drip feeds just fine. It's not easy!

THX
    Norm

I'm trying to do the exact same thing, only I have a Fanuc 21M controller on the Leadwell V-25. Can I get in on this?

I have tried to set up a normal DNC to the Meldas 50 now but I have some difficulties.

I found the cable and I'm pretty shure its the cable that have been used before. It's a crossed DB25 cable male in one end an female in the other.
    pin 2 is conected to pin3 on the other side. and 3 to 2 on the other side. 7 is going straight thru

and pin 4 is connected to pin 5 in each end
    and pin 6,8 and 20 is conected in each end

So this is not a full handshake cable but it should work to transfere programs in and out from the machine.

Anyway I don't have the service manual so I don't know how the paramters on the machine is set.

Anyone know the parameters that is used for the serial comunication on the Meldas 50.

I have tried to output the code from the machine and the machine sends several lines of code but I'm not able to recive anything to my computer. so some settings is not right or cable is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tmenace View Post
    does anybody know what a "P32 address error" is on a Meldas 500?
    P32 ADDRESS ERROR:

An address not listed in the specifications has been used.

1. Check and revise the program address.
    2. Check the specifications.

Post the section of the program where the alarm occurs (before and after).