586,061 active members*
4,497 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > vcarve and aspire

vcarve and aspire

very new to this CNC routing think and was looking for some advice. A friend of mine has a very basic logo but it dosent look good cut out in 2d.

I was wondering if I could do this with the software and if someone could give me some pointers. I have aspire 3.5 and vcarve pro 6

On the image below I would like to take the letters and have them standing about .350 from the base rounded or some other nice looking letter carving then the 2d duck carved behind the text standing about .140 from the base ..... not sure if I explained myself clear or not. im all new to this. then apply a nice texture. make the sign oval or something.

I guess my first question is how to distinguish the letters from the duck and different heights?

I have the AI file

Quote Originally Posted by msdeltaguy View Post
    very new to this CNC routing think and was looking for some advice. A friend of mine has a very basic logo but it dosent look good cut out in 2d.

I was wondering if I could do this with the software and if someone could give me some pointers. I have aspire 3.5 and vcarve pro 6

On the image below I would like to take the letters and have them standing about .350 from the base rounded or some other nice looking letter carving then the 2d duck carved behind the text standing about .140 from the base ..... not sure if I explained myself clear or not. im all new to this. then apply a nice texture. make the sign oval or something.

I guess my first question is how to distinguish the letters from the duck and different heights?

I have the AI file

pocket cutting

ask on the vectric forum

do a little homework...the search box! you can find all the info you need on what you want to do

load the ai file and start learning.....

There is a video or two on the Vectric site that shows you how to do what you want to do. Take the time to watch them all, will save you hours later on. Also have step by step instructions.

Thanks I'm going to take a look because I really would like to get this done. I'm not sure if I needed to but I separated all the items in separate layers.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebugjunkie View Post
    There is a video or two on the Vectric site that shows you how to do what you want to do. Take the time to watch them all, will save you hours later on. Also have step by step instructions.