3,402 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

for sale v-19

for sale v-19 - make offer thanks J

$1.00

I still have it if anyone is looking or knows someone

Version 20 and bobart proX training cd's must be on sale Bobcam called me today and offered it for $250 for the whole package. He said it is for past customers. I have version 18 and never used it.

I've got some used air out of a balloon for sale over here Bidders please take a number!
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I can see we have some jokers up here. That's fine...Here's the deal. Everyone like a good deal right? Right. True to BobCAD-CAM tradition, we keep prices low and then sometimes offer special sales on top of that. Why? Because we sell the volume of software that we do. The last time I looked, this forum wasn't an Ebay. Even though I also have a few items in my garage you could probably have if my wife agrees, I wouldn't be pitching them to you up here.

On the other side of things, BobCAD-CAM is in the middle of the largest development campaign it has ever gone through. You can expect some serious high level improvements and new toolpath that will make your machines happy you bought or built them. Keep this in mind. Prices may increase, while upgrade prices remain very reasonable.

CNC Dude

CNC Dude,
    You are right about jokers.
    Unfortunately the joke was on me - I bought it.
    If they sorted software problems out before sales figures they might get some reputation back but somehow i dought it over the strokes they have pulled over the years.

John S.

John,
    That's a really general statement without any substantial information that I can do anything with. Rather than create a Black PR campaign, call me directly at 727-489-0003 so that I can get some specifics about what happened. This way we can clear things up rather than continue this way.
    Sincerely,
    CNC Dude

Quote Originally Posted by HuFlungDung
    I've got some used air out of a balloon for sale over here Bidders please take a number!
    I heard about you. Do you have a gag order in effect? Bad(chair) ! By the way it wasn't from Bobcad.

At least we know who flung the dung.

I have V20 and it has many new features.

I have just begun to learn about some of them. The new 3D paths have had a major overhaul and I will be testing an update soon specific to a problem I had. I have never had another company let me beta test CNC software or even reply about a problem that wasn't blame solely on my ignorance.

As for me I have never had better service from another CADCAM company.

Ya, I'm bad The hidden message in my gag is that there is nothing to resell from a copy of Bobcad....no dongle, no unlock codes, nothing. So when you buy it, you buy it, because there is nothing to transfer to another owner, no matter what the discount.

Edit: there is also no way to prove that the copy you "sell" is yours to sell or that it is gone off of your machine forever.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

CNC Dude,
    Yes it is a general statement and I could go on about how I was treated but it's water under the bridge.
    I have followed others experiances and they mirror mine, I must admit I haven't looked or tried V20 but 17 and 19 were no different.
    Main problems I had were not doing radii correctly and going the wrong way.
    I.e. long arc instead of short. OK common fault but screen shots and simulation showed it as correct.
    Only time you knew was when it stuffed the job up.

Second fault was spurious Z moves in the work and I wasn't the only one to have this.
    On one press tool the Z just plunged an extra 5mm right in the centre of the tool.
    5 hours work scrap.

I bought a program called Discriminator, a simulation program just to spot these faults that didn't show in Bobcad on the screen.

Bobcad were of little help. UK agent was never in, wouldn't return calls.
    Expensive to try to get US support by phone hence why I'm not ringing you.
    Emails went unanswered, the only people to ring were sales trying to get me to upgrade .

When I upgraded my computer or operating system I had to jump thru hoops to get new numbers.
    I bought it one Christmas expecting to learnt it over the holiday, I was told OK 30 day demo we will give you a number after Christmas.
    Well I don't know whether you have shorter days in Florida but after day 5 of the holidy mine was over.
    8th of January when I got a number. I was promised two numbers one home, one works in at the price.
    No way I want two numbers I buy two licences.

As I say we have laernt and moved on.

John S.

Ya, I'm bad The hidden message in my gag is that there is nothing to resell from a copy of Bobcad....no dongle, no unlock codes, nothing. So when you buy it, you buy it, because there is nothing to transfer to another owner, no matter what the discount.

Edit: there is also no way to prove that the copy you "sell" is yours to sell or that it is gone off of your machine forever.

There are many companies that do the same thing. Lets see.......Microsoft!
    Ok not a good axample. But the point being is that install codes are typical and the only real reason to have a hard key is because of not trusting people. Using a code just makes it easier for people to make multiple installs of the program and saying they had to reload their system. The only real problem with calling for a code is the time of day and the long distance charges.

Hard keys can fail and that really costs. But to your argument, If a compamy goes belly up then I hope your computer never takes a dump. (wedge) Can't call if no one is there to answer. There are a few examples of that. A company could be nice and release the install generator to the public or send a code free install prior to closing. Laugh but that has happened.

__________________________________________________ ___________

Will it ever end! This is like politics when Bush nominates a supreme court justice. :tired:

We're talking about reselling here. There is nothing that gives a Bobcad user any leverage to "sell", over what the developer itself charges. Really, its a great way to spread software around, but everyone who intends to use it longterm has to contact Bobcad directly for their unlock codes, which are customized for every system.

John S,
    Download V20 and evaluate it. As for the extra seat, we can take care of this with you over the phone here. I'll look into the UK dealership and try to come up with a better local solution for you. If you like V20, I'll ship one to you free of charge for the inconvenience. We have every intention of helping the manufacturer succeed. Email me direct at [email protected] and we can have a chat.
    Sincerely,
    CNC Dude

We're talking about reselling here. There is nothing that gives a Bobcad user any leverage to "sell", over what the developer itself charges. Really, its a great way to spread software around, but everyone who intends to use it longterm has to contact Bobcad directly for their unlock codes, which are customized for every system.
    In this you are correct. :cheers:

This happens a lot on ebay. Sell the software, deny selling, keep code.

No proof! This brings up an interesting question. Would Bobcad have to give you install code? How would you prove to them you legally own the software? I could sell the CD but you could get the same CD for a demo install. I could give a written agreement from the original owner then fax it to BobCad who would then have to contact the original owner to verify. Hmmm...Getting deep :drowning:.

Chris, Thank you for the offer.
    I will be in touch by email.

John S.

Hello Chris,

Remeber me from the BobCad forum? 'tjones' there as well. Wouldn't have expected a Bobcad employee here. I am glad to know that Bobcad has tech support helping out and not just the competition.

Hard to help someone if you don't run the software.

Hi do you still have this software?

Yes I do - I tried to e-mail you but it bounced ?

Page 1 of 2 12