586,075 active members*
3,832 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > X3 - Can I copy/replicate geometry *and* the associated toolpaths?

X3 - Can I copy/replicate geometry *and* the associated toolpaths?

Let's say I create a part in Mastercam...ie create the geometry in CAD then the associated tool operations to cut/dril it out..

Can this part then be panelised .....ie more copies of the part on the same stock, but copied along with the toolpaths created for the original part?(else that's a lot of work then having to add all the toolpaths on the copied gemetry!)

if so, how is it done in practise? (or do folks just use a G-code offset to produce the same part over & over on the same stock?

Use tool path transform, enter parameters and hit go.
    WANNA GO FASTER

Quote Originally Posted by HankMcSpank View Post
    Let's say I create a part in Mastercam...ie create the geometry in CAD then the associated tool operations to cut/dril it out..

Can this part then be panelised .....ie more copies of the part on the same stock, but copied along with the toolpaths created for the original part?(else that's a lot of work then having to add all the toolpaths on the copied gemetry!)

if so, how is it done in practise? (or do folks just use a G-code offset to produce the same part over & over on the same stock?
    Yes, but it is better to transform just the paths
    ( editing the original geometry or operation, affects the entire transformed paths )( ghost the original ops, and post the transformed paths )

You can transform the toolpath onto itself,,,,but have it assign a different offset for each repeat. This is good if using subs ---> ie take up new work offset then call sub, shorter prog, easier to edit on control
    -you can transform into your array, AND have only 1 work offset OR a seperate offset for each ( this can create long programs, and be long winded in proving out )

Are you asking for nesting option or just make a few copys?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .