586,068 active members*
3,706 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Anyone want to do some custom Milling work??

Anyone want to do some custom Milling work??

I would like to make some slides out of 1.5" thick UHMW like MVaughns, where he uses the UHMW for the slides.I would like to use four(4) for the X axis, and then two for each the Y and Z axis. The X axis will be squares whee the other axis will be rectangles so both guide rails can fit into the slides. I want to do it this way to help make things square.

My only problem is that I don't have an accurate way to mill it. So I'm looking for someone that can be reasonable with their pricing to do it for me as a fellow hobbyist. There are a total of 8 pieces that need to be cut. I have some drawings that I can send. If your interested in doing this please let me know and I will send along the drawings

My e-mail is:
    [email protected]

Thanks,

I have unlimited access to a commercial machine and can do it for you, but the shipping from VA to your door is going to kill you, wouldn't you think?

Scott
    Consistency is a good thing....unless you're consistently an idiot.

no, these are smaller pieces it woudn't cost that much if sent via USPS or maybe even UPS. Here are some photos of mvaughns machine for reference. The X axis I need four of these blocks, They are 1 1/2" deep (bearing surface) 2 1/2" wide and 3" tall. The other two axis I just need two each for each axis(see photos) two for the y axiz and 2 for the Z axis. The X axis is 1" diameter holes, Y axis is 3/4" holes and the Z axis is 1/2' Holes. They to replace the angle iron/skate bearing for use with the jgro router so that dimensions are the same as the parts there. I will upload a drawing later withe exact dimensions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5096 (2).JPG   DSC00016(s)-rev copy.jpg   DCP_0672 copy.jpg