586,069 active members*
3,389 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Machine Simulation

Post Machine Simulation

We are in the process of purchasing GibbsCAM as our first CAM software. We will be using the software with the following Mazak machines: 2HyperQuadrexes, an Integrex, a Nexus Quick Turn MSY, and a Vertical Mill. The HyperQuadrexes especially have the possibilty of collisions, so we are having machine simulations created by a third party. Has anybody had experience with going through this process? Where do you get the original drawings of your machines? Through Mazak? Through the Mazak dealer? Thanks!

We have it it's a wast of time and money because there is no support for it. You have to pay for every machine to get built. I would only get it if you have a MTM machine there is some value in that but like I said there is little or no support for the product.

Like half of the machines the guy listed are MTM machines. I believe Gibbs has a library of machine models. Call Gibbs and ask.

Gibbs has a very limited library of machines. They are available at Gibbs Online if you are on maintenance

I believe the machine models are also on the install disc.

machin sim

We use a Mori horizontal machine sim. It is especally useful for me since I program for the guys on the floor. It really is good for examining reaches on the blind side of the tombstones. Being able to trust that I am not sending the set-up guy problems is a real advantage as long as they use the specified toolholders I put on the tool list.

Here is a link for 3rd party providers on the GibbsCAM site for machine sim builders.

Thanks & One Question Still Remains

Thanks for the info.

We've decided to only purchase the simulators for our MTM machines.

So how did you acquire the drawings for your machines? Did you have to hire someone to come in and take measurements, etc?

Thanks again for your help!

Post Selling

Hi everybody I sell working post processors for Mazak integrex,versatech v 140 ,variaxis 630T and HCN 6800/4000/8800 machines. Price is very very chip then normal price. Normal price for 5 axis machines app. 5000 $. But I sell for 1000$. If someone interested email to me. My email: gibbspostseller(at)hotmail(dotcom)