586,430 active members*
4,043 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Torq-cut 22 is alive!

Well I just bought a torq-cut 22 from a shop that the operator quit a couple of years ago. They never replaced him so the machine was sitting idle for quiet awhile. Luckily the memory battery hadn't died so it didn't loose its parameters.

I have run the MAKEDISK program. Does that copy the parameters as well or just the control software? If it doesn't, how do I copy the parameters? I went into the maintenance page, edit parameters, F5 I think to copy parameters (procedure in the manual). Anyway, the disk drive did nothing.

I have browsed though all 150 pages here for threads that would help me get to know this machine and I didn't find anywhere that said specifically how to copy the parameter files.

I do want to thank George for all that you have contributed to this forum as well as everyone else who inputs so much here. I should have kept better notes of everything I have learned from reading his posts and made a sticky thread so he doesn't have to repeat himself everytime a new owner has a problem.

I am also unsure if my oiling system is working properly. It seems that on both the Y and Z axis that one lineal rail is getting lots of oil and the other one is getting little to none. Has anyone put that UV dye that machanics use to track down leaks, into their oiler? All it would take is running the pump a couple cycles then shining a UV light on all the ways and ball screws to make sure they are getting oil. I really don't want to burn one up because its not getting oiled. Any help in this department would be greatly appreciated!

The machine parameters are a file BMDCPRMS.SYS so just use DOS to copy it to a floppy. See if you also have a LEADCOMP.DAT file. Only machines that needed it had it. Again copy that to a floppy.
    MAKEDISK should copy the machine software and parameter file to a floppy but will not be bootable and will not install DOS.
    Write down your CMOS settings too.
    Thank you for your kind words.
    Remember that the TC22 uses a oiler with a cam that lifts a plunger and it falls off the cam about every 20 minutes of machine motion, It will take a while to get some UV dye through the system. (never used it). I believe I would be replacing the metering units first and see if there is a difference.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)