586,082 active members*
3,640 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > Marketplace for Used Stepper Drives?

Marketplace for Used Stepper Drives?

I used 4 Chinese microstep drives (80V / 7.5 amps capability) successfully on my old CNC with 270in-oz NEMA23 motors but they did not do so well on my new machine with bigger high inductance NEMA34 steppers due to mid-band resonance issues. So I replaced them with Gecko drives (much better) and have them now sitting on the shelf.

I there a market for such drives, let's say for $40 each? I don't think Craigslist would be successful and it will probably be drowned by commercial offers on eBay. I don't want to have them still looking at me 5 years from now.

it may be worth trying ebay , also you could put them in the forums classifieds .
    If it was me then I'd want to keep one around just in case of emergency , well now , if it was me then I'd keep em all , along with the other dozen or so I've got on the shelf
    just in case

A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Good point... I am a packrat, too. But the old drives would not fit the control box anymore.

Brings up an interesting idea: I would donate them for a charitable cause, like high school or college project. Anybody interested?

that would be a mighty kind thing to do
    a local high school near to you could probably make use of them ,
    the high school that my son goes to has a cnc router set up in their tech ed , so maybe the schools in your area may have something similar or even if they don't use them for cnc they could use them to learn something about robotics
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........