586,119 active members*
3,586 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mach is Skipping lines of G-code!!!

I am using Mach3 with a CandCNC MP3000 torch height control on a plasma cutting machine. The machine has been running fine for several months, then it started display an intermittent erratic problem where it will be cutting fine with the same program over and over again, then have the problem out of the blue. What it seems to be doing is following the G-code properly then, spontaneously will move to the next position as a rapid (G00) when it should have been a G2 or G3. When you run the same program again it will perform normally. On the display screen when scrolling through the code it displays all movements properly, but when the problem happens it displays it as a rapid on the screen? I am stumped to why this is happening, and am losing a lot of time and material every time it happens… some one help, please!

I have attached several pictures of the problem, G-code and the Mach configuration.

Actually, you have attached nothing...

Pictures of problem

Here are some pictures, the config and the G-code
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach Problem - 1.jpg   Mach Problem - 2.jpg   Mach Problem - 3.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

This problem completely stumps me :s I was hopping some one had the same problem or infinite mach3 knowledge would be able to shed some light on this.

I re-installed the mach3 config from when the machine was not having this glitch, but with the problem being sporadic, it is hard to tell if that was the solution. if any one has encountered this situation, please let me know. I am desperate for input.

Do you have the computer cleaned for mach3? Are you doing something when it messes up? Like checking your email or something? If the computer has extra junk on it or you are trying to do anything else while mach is running, it could cause mach to jitter or something which could possibly give you problems. Beyond that, I don't know what to suggest.

Matt

You would be more likely to get a more informed answer if you posted on the boards on the Mach3 site...
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

The computer is not connected to the internet, and only has mach3, sheetcam, and turbo cad loaded on it. It has also been optimized for running mach. i have tried to create an account on the mach support forum, but i can not seem to get past the registration screen when I enter all my information, it keeps telling me my human verification code is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCNC3 View Post
    The computer is not connected to the internet, and only has mach3, sheetcam, and turbo cad loaded on it. It has also been optimized for running mach. i have tried to create an account on the mach support forum, but i can not seem to get past the registration screen when I enter all my information, it keeps telling me my human verification code is wrong.
    Maybe you're not a human???

Heck of a way to find out something like that!
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html