586,645 active members*
2,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 68 of 109 1858666768697078
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2171
    Is there a current update? Impatient after a year and unhappy with Smarbaga and his disapearing act. No Kruetz I don't blame you and understand a hobby should never be work. Just hope you can get back on it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWild View Post
    Is there a current update? Impatient after a year and unhappy with Smarbaga and his disapearing act. No Kruetz I don't blame you and understand a hobby should never be work. Just hope you can get back on it soon.

Hello;

I am back at home. Will pick up the drilled and threaded heatsinks from a friend's house tonight. Current board revision is 00E.

Smarbaga is probably out of town.

Regards,

Kreutz.

Hello every body .
    My name is Phat , i live in Vietnam .
    I am interesting about "uhu cnc controller "
    I want to by one to make my machine .
    I just send email to Mr Uli (13/11/2007), I hope that i can buy one from Mr Uli .
    thank every body for this forum to show me make machine .

Atmega16 code

Quote Originally Posted by H500 View Post
    I just built a atmega16 based servo. The PID code is actually quite simple to do. I don't have a real servomotor, so I just attached an incremental encoder to a cheap 90vdc motor.

However, it worked surprisingly well when tuned. The motion feels quite stiff, almost like a stepper motor. Unfortunately, the mosfets fried after a day, so I'm troubleshooting it now.
    Hello H500 - What interests me here is the ATMEGA16 chip. The servo controller designed by Chan (SMC) is based on the ATINY2313 with a 16Mhz crystal. It has a limitation in that a 1000 line encoder limits the max motor speed to less than I need. I am wanting to get 2000 rpm with a 1000 line encoder and I wonder if what you have with the ATMEGA16 will do this. If so, are you willing to share the code for the ATMEGA16? Please email me so that I don't have to search the posts daily. Thanks,
    CENTAUR [email protected]

hello
    amongst the pass word, user name, internen connection, worm, working out of town, mouse clicker just don'y work stuff, i hope this one works.
    i would really like to connect to this thread
    lets try this one ..........
    attaching a pdf as well. i think this is what knocked me off.

EDIT :
    sorry for the extra post but it was the only way i could see if i could write to this thread. , looks like i finally can.
    i am thinking about the attached design. ( a new thread , if interested )
    thanks garry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello every body
    I am Phat in Vietnam
    I want to buy Uhu controller , I sent E-mail to Mr Uli for several day , but he dont reply me , I really want to buy . I dont know what happen why he don't reply . May be he too busy .
    Any body cant help me to buy or sent me progam of chip AT90S2313 .
    Thank a lots .
    I am sorry because of my english .

Quote Originally Posted by phat86 View Post
    Hello every body
    I am Phat in Vietnam
    I want to buy Uhu controller , I sent E-mail to Mr Uli for several day , but he dont reply me , I really want to buy . I dont know what happen why he don't reply . May be he too busy .
    Any body cant help me to buy or sent me progam of chip AT90S2313 .
    Thank a lots .
    I am sorry because of my english .

Hey Phat,
    goto http://bgmikro.com

Freddy

Your (?) New Drive card

smarbaga
    It's good to see you back on this list..... This new board, Can you tell me/us more about it. who's programing for it, whats it's listed speed and how does it compare with the original UHU chip & program. Am I correct when I think I see a 40mHZ crystal ? what the top speed as far as a CNC lathe & mill ar concerned ?
    How about how it supports a mill or lathe program ? what type of power chips have been tested on this board / component setup ? I'm in the process of teaching myself to make PCBs. can I have a copy of the files to wee what I can do with them ?
    Bigb1ke

hello same problem than mr Wild
    irfp264 dead at 135v
    i order uhu card to mr Smarbaga for a motor 180v 6A
    i test 35v OK
    70V OK
    90V OK
    135 BLOW UP AFTER 10 MIN NOT EVEN MAKING ANY MOVE ON THE AXE OF THE MOTOR\
    Mr keutz as made a very detailed description of the problems
    i have gecko for my small servo and it work fine
    the uhu card is VERY very good ,the test program on windows work fine and make the tuning of the servo very easy
    But i have to solve the problem for this 180v motor and i do not want to work with 50% at 90 V
    150v will be ok
    so like mr Wild
    i ask mr Sobaga
    can you sale a kit of components to make the card you sale me for 200v working SAFE at 150 v mini
    else Mr kreutz ?
    did your card can make the job and if yes how much is it?
    else i sale my chips to the chinese guy and i buy a viper !!!
    thank you

Some more info?

Quote Originally Posted by smarbaga View Post
    hello
    amongst the pass word, user name, internen connection, worm, working out of town, mouse clicker just don'y work stuff, i hope this one works.
    i would really like to connect to this thread
    lets try this one ..........
    attaching a pdf as well. i think this is what knocked me off.

EDIT :
    sorry for the extra post but it was the only way i could see if i could write to this thread. , looks like i finally can.
    i am thinking about the attached design. ( a new thread , if interested )
    thanks garry

Looking good!
    I love PIC MCU's. Some specs?
    Is the code available?
    WHo is developing this wonderful project?

:-)

UHU board, REVised UHU board & smarbaga's new board

rokag3 & All,
    the existing UHU board as sold by several people, is a great board up to ? 80vdc.
    the revised board that kreutz is working on for us I believe is planned to top out around 165vdc, I think. I know from talking to Kreutz that he has had major problems with his original power section & it has been revised due to ongoing problems. Per the last e-mail I received he was again testing & not hearing from him sense than I fear the the latest revision may have failed......
    As Far as the viper, I've looked at it and got the feeling that it really hasn't been proven with high voltages, If I'm wrong let me know on listas there are several people on list in the same strates.........I've got a project that I've worked on for going on three years now and am running out of time and a place to keep it. So I'm to the point that I desperately need a axis drive card that will live at 135vdc that doesn't cost several hundred dollars per axis.
    Tenmetalman

Quote Originally Posted by tenmetalman View Post
    rokag3 & All,
    the existing UHU board as sold by several people, is a great board up to ? 80vdc.
    the revised board that kreutz is working on for us I believe is planned to top out around 165vdc, I think. I know from talking to Kreutz that he has had major problems with his original power section & it has been revised due to ongoing problems. Per the last e-mail I received he was again testing & not hearing from him sense than I fear the the latest revision may have failed......
    As Far as the viper, I've looked at it and got the feeling that it really hasn't been proven with high voltages, If I'm wrong let me know on listas there are several people on list in the same strates.........I've got a project that I've worked on for going on three years now and am running out of time and a place to keep it. So I'm to the point that I desperately need a axis drive card that will live at 135vdc that doesn't cost several hundred dollars per axis.
    Tenmetalman
    Paul;

I am sorry for not keeping you up to date. I have been working too much, even on the weekend. The latest prototype is almost ready to test this week, it has the heat-sink on it, and I only need to add a couple of diodes and resistors before giving it a try during this week.

This project has taken long enough, it is my fault, because I have too many things running at the time. You have been kind enough not to hurry me, and I really appreciate it.

I will post a couple of photos tonight.

Thank you for your patience.

Kreutz.

Thanks for the update Kreutz, looking forward for the new board!, hope it works great for this rev.

Good luck and waiting for your results!

RGDS
    Irfan

photos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails modUHU1.jpg   modUHU2.jpg  

hello
    In reguards to the uHu pc boards that I had made.
    I just followed Mr. Hubers original schematic and
    Layed out a pc board using that design.
    It was stated by someone in the very early stages
    of this post that if you use higher voltage fets
    a high voltage motor can be driven so i made the
    layout able to accept higher voltage fets.
    The exact theory of opperation was/is beyond the
    extent of my electronic knowledge.
    i am hopeing that kreutz improved snubber circuit
    can be hung off the motor and prevent the
    high voltage kickback.

Hi ,, @ Rokag3 selling uli's chip's to the chinaman sounds more like '' blackmail '' to me if you are unable to make things work there are other ways to express your concern !! Keep in mind that the original is made for MAX 60 V !!! I have 4 of them and drive them
    on 30 V ,,,144 Watt Micromotor 24 V wheelchare motors ,,,yep Uli if you read this , its me rik :-) Rokag if you want to get rid of them how much do you want for them ? i buy
    If you want an other driver take a look @ http://peters cnc ecke uhu is not the onli cheap driver in europ , you dont know/read german ? mail me [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by potsy View Post
    Hi ,, @ Rokag3 selling uli's chip's to the chinaman sounds more like '' blackmail '' to me if you are unable to make things work there are other ways to express your concern !! Keep in mind that the original is made for MAX 60 V !!! I have 4 of them and drive them
    on 30 V ,,,144 Watt Micromotor 24 V wheelchare motors ,,,yep Uli if you read this , its me rik :-) Rokag if you want to get rid of them how much do you want for them ? i buy
    If you want an other driver take a look @ http://peters cnc ecke uhu is not the onli cheap driver in europ , you dont know/read german ? mail me [email protected]
    Hello Potsy - please give us the rest of the URL for http://peters
    Thanx

[Hi ,, @ Rokag3 selling uli's chip's to the chinaman sounds more like '' blackmail '' to me if you are unable to make things work there are other ways to express your concern !! Keep in mind that the original is made for MAX 60 V !!! I have 4 of them and drive them
    ][/QUOTE]

First i do not think that a guy that want to take something to copy may got any problem to do so. He just pass an order do not post anything and it will be done
    Second and i am on the same advice than Mr. Uli i think he is probably a good guy
    the site he give is a site for hobbyst
    3rd if i have something that i need to sale i sale it to who want to buy this is not a gun man it's a tools remember!!!
    4th i have been very impressed by the quality of that card having much better performance than the gecko which already is a good product
    5th for this reason and if the design of Mr Kreutz can make the job i will keep mi Uli's chip's
    So Mr Potsy remember we are all sapiens sapiens we all need consideration respect flamands, wallons, francais grecs, americains, irakiens and ...chineses
    so long.

Hi all ,,first i did not wanted to kick annyones button :-) i could expres my self in a other way sorry for that ,your wright one can get the prosessor annyway and do with it what he like :-) i did not mansion he's a bad guy did i ?? Centauer , http://5128.rapidforum.com/selskin=0 or just go to google typ peters cnc ecke and up you go :-)
    No need to say its all in German,,scrolling down half way thakes you to uhu i think ist 13 pages ,,,,happy reading
    Greetz Potsy

phew!

Lets face it, there are several of us with very few funds for our fix in this expensive hobby. It can be cheap if you go with a set level, but there are times you come across a deal on quality iron. It needs a control and/or drives and the requirements of the drives push the Hobby envelope. The iron in my case along with others has decidedly high end hobby needs. Yet I and others have that pesky budget. Many of us are retired with finate finances, yet we have the skill level that low Hobby level can't quite satisfy. With thirty years in the occupation, low end hobby machines are toys. Like a hardcore junky, only the good drugs work.

When I heard Smarbaga had 200 volt capable UHUs, I jumped. Garry is a decent guy, and I understand the quandry he found himself because I've been there too. This doesn't mean I wasn't upset to find out I'd blown my finances on a fix that isn't. I understand a few things though.

Uli isn't the problem. He has valid reasons for not wanting his design bumped up to lethal voltages as he calls them. I don't understand electronics like Kreutz does, but I respect what can kill me. In this litigous world not everyone accepts responsiblity and Uli wants to cover his ass. I don't have to like it, but it is very understandable.

Kruetz is gifted and talented in ways I'll never be and to have him even glance this way and offer to seek a fix is a present. Can't threaten him, because he hasn't done anything but try to help us po' folk, and you sure don't slap the hand that helps.

I really don't know what I'm going to do with my drives. Threatening to sell them to China isn't what will happen though. I think Garry didn't make much profit at all for his efforts and threatening or demanding he do something or eat the drives won't solve any problems either.

I'm hoping the Kreuz fix won't put me in the poor house. The disapointment has been gradual but relentless as it went from blowing up drives with an easy fix of different caps and resistors to a whole new drive with little in common and all new parts needed. It is going to be a beauty of a drive, just don't know if I can afford it.

This is part of the gamble when you don't go with $$$ drives and look for something to give the High end hobby jones a fix with a low end hobby budget. My Smarbaga drives look really radical with their heat sinks on them. The heat sinks have holes in them to let the LED fault lights shine through, and the drives have 5.5" pancake fans mounted in their case blowing on em. Just wish they had lived up to the claims. That's the disapointment.

Page 68 of 109 1858666768697078