586,103 active members*
3,405 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need help in brisbane

Hey guys. I'm half way through my diy cnc build and i've worked out that my woodworking skills aren't quite up to par :-(. I've tried to make my gantry but i can't seem to get it straight and true. Working area is around 1200x700x200 so its not a huge machine but i'm hoping it'll work well until i can gather up some funds to make a much bigger one. I was wondering if anybody, preferably brisbane southside, would be willing to help me out by cutting some parts to make my gantry or even just to pop in and give me a hand to try to make it work? I would be very greatful if anyone could spare a little of their time to help out.

Cheers.

HI
    I Know i am a little far from you but if the parts can go buy post i can send em to ya, i just got my machine finished and would be more than happy to help out and give my machine a run for ya
    Chris

where abouts are you located? may need some motor mounts and spindle mounts cut which should be easy to send in the post.

whoops i thought i had mentioned that, i am in port macquarie, about 7 hours south of brissy

ps: what sort of machine you building?

3 axis router. mainly going to be using it for wood atm but would like to mill ali too. i bought the rails and ballscrews a while back and half finished it but the table wasn't flat and i'd warped the fixed gantry when i was welding it so i put it in the back of the shed for a bit and now we decided we're gonna finish it asap. i'm using a g540 driver and 3 nema23 steppers i got from keling. this time around we've made the table out of timber and it looks like i've done a half decent job this time cause its actually flat lol. still stuck on what to use for a spindle though. was going to use the ozito dremel clone i bought but it appears i've worn out the 3.2mm collet adapter after only 1 day of light use so its never going to survive on the cnc. was thinking of getting a maktec vinyl trimmer. they don't look too bad and it won't break the bank.

Hi rayder13

for a spinfel something like this may work

0.8 kw CNC router Water cool spindle motor and inverter | eBay

by the way i am on the south side of Brizzy (acacia ridge)

so i may be able to help out in some way

i have a lath bandsaw welders sandblaster dropsaw and so on (work shop is a total mess at the moment)

yeah i was actually looking at those but i need to save up a few pennies . any help would be awesome. i drive through acacia ridge at least twice a day lol

just shoot me a message any time you want

i make other things as well but wont show them till we have met

:rainfrowrong)