586,544 active members*
2,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport interact series 2 mk 2

Hello,

I´ve just bought at auction a Bridgeport Interact series 2 mk 2 mill, and have a list of questions I hope somebody here on the forum can help with.
    I´ve never actually used a cnc machine tool and I´ve not seen this machine running before so I don´t really know if it is working as it should be, or if it has "issues".

I should say that I can load nc code from a pc via the com port and run simple programs and it all seems to be ok but several thing puzzle me:

The spindle speed can be increased and decreased with the button on the spindle head, but when I run a program the spindle speed does not change according to the speed in nc code, is this normal? The spindle speed overide knob also does not seem to function, can both these functions be activated/deactivated in Machine parameters?

The incremental button does not work, can I activate this button in machine parameters or in the plc program? according to the service manual it is a function that can be activated by the machine tool builder, but can i Make it work myself by changing a parameter?

How should the spindle brake work? at the end of a program (M02) the spindle is switched off and the air brake applied, this brings the spindle to an instant halt which seems to be really mechanically unsympathetic for the machine, i.e. from maybe 2000 rpm to dead stop in less than a second, is this how it should work?

I have rapid feed levers on all axis, should the levers begin to move the axis a soon as they are moved in a certain direction (out of centre position) or do I have to push the centre button at the end of the lever to make the axis move?

I hope i have explained everything ok, can anybody help?

It`s all working as it should.
    Are you sure the "speed" overide button is not the feed overide as these models have mechanical speed change.
    Does it have a 145 control or something else?

Interact questions

Hello Gridley51,

My machine has a tnc 360.
    On the main key panel I have 2 rotating knobs, 1 is for the feed overide and the other is labeled spindle override. At the moment this knob does not do anything, so I´ll have to check that it´s connected and activating the relays in the electrical cabinet as has been suggested in another post.

Is there any way to "enable" incremental axis movement in machine parameters?

Spindle override will not work without an encoder on the spindle. I have a tnc 360 series 1.
    mine does not have an encoder so i have manually change the speed.

The axis will not jog untill the center button is pushed. Push first then move.

Turn your Brake switch to manual or off. I am not in front of the machine right now and i cant remeber if its off or manual. instead of auto. then turn to auto for tool change. Mine has quik switch 200. let it coast down at the end.

I have the tnc-360 technical manual if you have any questions.

try that out.

Cheers

Marcus