586,094 active members*
3,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Angry EZ Path II Lube Pressure Switch Fault

I am getting a 'Lube Pressure Switch Failed' fault on my EZ PAth II. This fault stops the spindle. The strange thing is that after the fault is cleared, the machine will run for 15-20 minutes before the fault happens again.

Any thoughts on what I can look at?

I'm dealing with the same issue too. I checked the sensor on my ezpath and it looks like it NC but switches on on about 20 PSI. I'm looking for an oil leak in my case or may try to increase the stroke on the plunger to deliver more oil. The plunger is pulled by an intermittent motor that turns once ever few minutes. I think you may get the warning every time the pressure drops back below 20 psi say 5-10 minutes after the plunger is pulled by the motor. When I got my lathe last month the two sensor wires were disconnected.

I have had this problem too. It seems to happen at random. Sometimes it doesn't happen for months. Then it happens a few times in one day. We installed a brand new oiler and it has not changed one bit. I tend to think in my case it has nothing to do with the oiler or pressure. I have no idea what it could be.

It seems to be fixed...

I fixed a short in the spindle control wiring and replaced the drum switch which was emerged in a pool of coolent and the oil pressure issue seems to have corrected itself...

May be it was a grounding issue...