586,094 active members*
4,060 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Romi Lathes > EZ-Path II alter cabinet for headstock alignment

EZ-Path II alter cabinet for headstock alignment

I decided to make some clearance holes in the cabinet sections to make it easier to get to the two front headstock bolts. Now the headstock can be aligned without having to remove the cabinets etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ez-Path-II-left side 001.jpg   Ez-Path-II-left-side-with-chuck 002.jpg   Ez-Path-II-right-side-001.jpg   Ez-Path-II-right-side-002.jpg  

Awesome modification !!! I have an EZ PATH SD and it needs another allignment after a crash. I dread taking that cover off and doing the adjustment. I cant take the cover completely off because of the CRT and keypad and have to prop it up with wood blocks and reach in there. Last time it took a few hours. The only thing I might do different is make a custom gasket to keep out coolant. Thanks

Can I ask where you got your test bad from?

I have a EZ Path II 20" with a 65mm through hold. The manual give a 1 degree 25' 55" taper but no Morris taper equal like it does for the tail stock.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Helix22 View Post
    Awesome modification !!! I have an EZ PATH SD and it needs another allignment after a crash. I dread taking that cover off and doing the adjustment. I cant take the cover completely off because of the CRT and keypad and have to prop it up with wood blocks and reach in there. Last time it took a few hours. The only thing I might do different is make a custom gasket to keep out coolant. Thanks

Thanks! I did make a gasket for the opening on the left facing the chuck. The piece on the right has a ship lap type fastening. If some coolant would get behind behind the vertical joint it would just drain easily.