586,103 active members*
3,342 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Need help... new to Surfcam

Unhappy Need help... new to Surfcam

Hey guys,

Well I have started using the demo version of Surfcam. I am still in School and wanted to learn CNC programming using SurfCAM. I started with the tutorials provided in Get started manual of surfcam, but when i click on the verify button I get an error "Sorry, Operation is not found in ICD storage file INCAAA.INC" "Cant find any INC files to merge".

Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Paul

The verify option is neutered in the demo version. Did you give the part a name and save it before you tried verify? It sometimes doesn't work if you don't save the file first. I know for sure that the demo has limited verify because I have the demo at home and it doesn't work the same way on my home system.

I did save my file and then run the verify, but it is giving me the same error. Do i need to save my file with some extension?
    This is what I am doing
    Open .sldprt in Surfcam> create view (to use the face i need on XY plane for milling)> NC>2-axis>face milling or truemill>chain>select the chain> done> select tool> put appropriate parameters> OK> Shows me a toolpath > accept tool path> then save the part > go to operations manager > setup > Stock add > OK > Save > run verify.... and it shoots the error... It is very frustrating since i have been trying from last 2 weeks.... please help.

Paul

Try opening one of the demo files under the samples file and run verify on one of those. When you save the file, are you just clicking on save or are you giving it a unique name? Give the part a unique name like xyz1.sldprt or something and then try again. The merge error message is what is interesting to me. Usually that happens in transformed tool paths, like if you were doing a grid of parts. You could also post the file here or email Surfcam and see if they have an answer for you.

Well I can do verify with demo files, but verify fails when I do it.
    Here is the picture of the error i get when i do face milling. I have also attached the solidworks file which i was using.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails serror.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can you post your surfcam file?

Just had a brain flash, make sure to use save as instead of just save. And use a unique name for the file. I think that might be the problem.

Here is the surfcam file
    Attached Files Attached Files

i have been using save as.... but not sure about the file type

Quote Originally Posted by paulcollins View Post
    i have been using save as.... but not sure about the file type
    .scrpt is what they need to be saved as

I'm pretty sure that the demo will not Post or Verify. Check the Surfware website.

Could you make the surfcam file i posted here work?

Per Surfcam's website on Demo version:

Please note the following capabilities and limitations:

•No SIM or security code required
    •All of the SURFCAM options and modules are supported with the exceptions of TRUEMill and native translators
    •The ability to open and work with native SolidWorks files (SLDPRT and SLDASM)
    •The ability to open and work with native Mastercam files (MC)
    •Reading of ACIS, DWG, DXF, IGES, SAT, X_T, X_B, PAR, VDA, CDL, NCC, CM, GR, INV, SCCLT, ASC, MC, SCPRT and SCEDU files
    •The ability to save only to SCEDU format
    •No output or export capabilities
    •No post processing or verification

So as PCMS said, no verify and also no Truemill support. I had downloaded my demo version when it first came out and I was almost positive that at that time it had very limited verify support. But since then, I had changed my video card and now whenever I try verify, it totally locks up. I can't open your file with my work computer, it won't open the edu files. I can try when I get home and let you know.

Surfcam will not let me open demo files unless I pull out my key. I tried changing the extension, but that didn't work either. Sorry

Hi Paul,

Save your files, go back school and ask the teacher whom has "Instructor SIM" to help you! The "Instructor SIM" could read any SCEDU file and you just need to "Re-generate" your Tool Path then save the files. then the files could be posted and maybe could Verify!

A few years ago, I was working on a large file for many hours and I had it just about finished, when I tried to post process the .inc files I discovered that I was in Demo mode...

I tried everything, including calling customer support (I was that desperate).

I found to my utter dismay that there is no way to recall or change any work, nc code or geometry created in the demo version back to a legitimate useable SurfCam .scprt .inc or .dsn file, if it were useable it would be almost like having a free seat of SurfCam.

Basically, the demo version allows you to create on the computer screen and that's about it.

That's not to say that its worthless, it lets you create tool-end-pts, solve geometry problems in 2d and 3d and do complex trigonometic calculations visually, not to mention realtime 3d viewing of comple surface models.

When I was first learning manual programming, we had nothing but Texas Inst. calculators and graph paper for trig... I would have paid big for what this demo software does for free.:idea:

Why you didn't ask your local dealer to help you to solve the problem? Your local dealer could send your file to SURFWARE for help.

It could not be saved back to normal part format but could help you to finish your job and don't need to rebuild the part file! If that version already has the "Regenerate" Tool Path function, you just need to regenerate All tool paths and post!