586,075 active members*
3,982 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Centurion V circuit board

Question Centurion V circuit board

Does anyone know where I can find the circuit board that is the second board behind the keypad? It is board #PC-KYBENC-01. The controll is a early 90's Centurion V. I was told from Milltronics and the local service reps that this board is very hard to find. An option of updating the controll from both was given but I do not want to spend in excess of $8500 to update it. I have looked all over the internet and have been unable to find one. The board I have was unrepairable from ACS Industrial.

KB encoder

Depends on the control version of your machine. Look at the bottom of the black box in the back of the machine. there will be a tag with the control serial # on it. like ###, XXX-a or XXXX-B
    if it is one of the first 2 types ### and ###-A you will need to find a used board someplace. The reason being is that early C5 controls generated the spindle analog from this board. Later controls generated the spindle analog voltage on the control acroloop card inside the black box.
    You could upadte the Acro cards in the control but the control/Arcoloop can is no longer available. again used boards. This is why the dealer and milltronics quoted a new control, which I assume would be the C7 control with a new LCD panel and all.

If it is a XXXX-B control then you can replace the older KB encoder for the version 02 board, change a few parameters and all would be well.

Sportybob

Controller

Yes it is a 257-A controller. The Technical support team from Milltronics said I could not even update to the Rev B control because my control does not have motion control so I will need to find a board somewhere or a Rev B control and the -02 keypad board. I really hope you have one, I will call tomorrow. Also, do you know where the backup batteries are in the control? I have to load the parameters every time I turn it on, its not hard to do, but it would be nice to not have too. Thanks for your help.

Just a heads up, a whole bunch of milltronics parts, servos, boards, computer stuff just went up on Ebay..... don't know if the board you are looking for is amongst it, but search "Milltronics" and you'll find it all.