I've found this mill at a local equipment sales/salvage/scrap type place. The box on the RH of the table that holds the end of the lead screw has been knocked off somehow. The screws that held it on are still attached to the table, and the box is hanging loose. I don't think it would be a big deal to fix, but I'm concerned whatever crash/transport accident that caused it would have damaged other parts. Does anyone know of a way to tell without being able to turn it on?

Also, during transport the wiring bundle attached to the quill drive was torn away from the motor. The ways have a nice cake of warehouse dust on them, so I wasn't able to inspect them closely. The sales guy says it was running when removed from service and the controller works. He said they'd take $1700 for it if I got it this week (before Christmas). It seems like a couple simple fixes if everything else is in pretty good shape.

What do you guys think? Is that a decent price, or what would be a good offer? From what I've been able to find about the machine, it looks like it would do what I'm wanting it for.