586,075 active members*
4,103 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach3 New Install MDI Screen Pressing X Jumps to DRO

Mach3 New Install MDI Screen Pressing X Jumps to DRO

I replaced an older controller computer running Mach3 with a newer computer running the same version of Mach3. I copied over my profiles (.xml files) and moved my license file.

I thought everything copied over just fine, but I'm having a problem on the MDI screen. When I try to type the following "G00 X-6.000" (or anything similar), it will start entering the text into the input line, but when I hit the "X" on the keyboard, it jumps off of the input line up to the X DRO. The same happens with the Y and Z keys.

This must be some type of hotkey assignment, but I can not figure out how to turn this feature off. All of my other settings seem to have come over with the profile files.

So in summary: Can someone tell me how to stop the cursor from jumping off the "input" line (jumps to the DRO) when I hit the X key while typing in a line of code?
    He is more machine now than man.....

Hotkeys for DRO's are assigned in a screen editor. You're not using the stock screens, are you?
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yeah, I'm using whatever got installed with the normal installation of Mach3.

Actually thanks for mentioning the .set files. I copied the 1024.set file from the old computer to the new computer. This seems to have resolved the issue.

I downloaded a new copy of Mach3 from the Artsoft web site. Same version number, but perhaps something was updated in the .set files for the download from the site....

Anyway, copying the 1024.set file from the old pc to the new solved the issue.

Thanks!