586,105 active members*
3,343 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Text Arching in TorchCAD

I have a Torchmate 2 system I bought earlier this year. The software that came with it does not seem to have text arching capability. Am I missing something, or do you have to buy some other software to be able to arc your text around a circle or oval? If so, is there any free or inexpensive programs that you can buy to use?

Thanks in advance!

Text arcing

Quote Originally Posted by FunWestTexan View Post
    I have a Torchmate 2 system I bought earlier this year. The software that came with it does not seem to have text arching capability. Am I missing something, or do you have to buy some other software to be able to arc your text around a circle or oval? If so, is there any free or inexpensive programs that you can buy to use?

Thanks in advance!
    That is about a $200 extra to the software, however if you're looking for something cheaper, there is a free downloadable program (search DeskEngrave) that I have used on occasion. Or you could get a copy of Corel. Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by FunWestTexan View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Free: Inkscape Inkscape. Draw Freely.

Inkscape has some useful tools for decorative plasma cutting including the wraping of text and tools to weld and trim overlapping objects. Being able to import a wide range of vector formats (like the clipart in the Mega Collections at www.vectorart.com) is nice. The auto-trace (bitmap to vector) is as good as any.

Cheap: CorelDraw X4 off ebay. Needs DXFTool for exporting DXF format.