587,478 active members*
3,167 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mikinimech > VFD and AC Motor replacement project

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    Too bad they don't list and model ir part info...
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

Shouldn't be too hard to find. I think it's an Emerson, that's what I remember anyway.

I think too hard at work, I need some spoon feeding ; )

Our problem will be either integrating it with the Mikini safety wiring, or gut ripping all the manual mode stuff out. Not a simple plug-and-play, I don't think... Could be, but we need more info that Mikini clearly is not willing to supply... Again, I don't have the energy to reverse engineer it right now. I haven't even turned my mill on in a few weeks...
    CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining and more. http://www.mcpii.com/3dservices.html

So I have made some progress on mounting the gas springs . I have made a couple of aluminium brackets for mounting the springs. I should have them all mounted by this weekend I will post an update with pics hopefully. I also ordered some custom timing pulleys from B&B manufacturing and they are backordered 8-10 weeks. So I am going to have to figure out an alternative. I know Pete pulled his pulley from the motor himself successfully I would be curious how he did that since it is a thermal fit. If I could do that I could pull the old pulley and machine in to fit a QD bushing or thermal fit for the new motor.

Quote Originally Posted by allenj20 View Post
    I know Pete pulled his pulley from the motor himself successfully I would be curious how he did that since it is a thermal fit. If I could do that I could pull the old pulley and machine in to fit a QD bushing or thermal fit for the new motor.
    I used a bearing separator and puller...like this setup....

heat up the pulley ( I used a map gas bottle from home depot) ....plus the help of a nice impact gun to turn the puller bolt

To re-install, I wrapped the rotor in aluminum (so the wife wouldn't know what it was) and put it in the freezer overnight. The next day I pulled out the rotor and heated up the pulley really good. It slipped right on
    pete

Thanks Pete, I should be able to swing that. Any recommendation on which bearing separator and puller set to pick up. I think HF might have this one local Bearing Separator and Puller Set and Advance Auto Parts might have this one OTC 4518 5 Ton Bar-Type Puller/Bearing Splitter Set
    Quote Originally Posted by slowtwitch View Post
    I used a bearing separator and puller...like this setup....

heat up the pulley ( I used a map gas bottle from home depot) ....plus the help of a nice impact gun to turn the puller bolt

To re-install, I wrapped the rotor in aluminum (so the wife wouldn't know what it was) and put it in the freezer overnight. The next day I pulled out the rotor and heated up the pulley really good. It slipped right on

Actually, my puller and separator came from harbor freight. I like to use the separator due to its nice contact point on the pulley.
    pete